Subject Author Posted Replies

How the synthesizer acutally works.
Hi guys, To know how the synthesizer behave,i wrote logic to add 4 vectors in three different i got differnet result from the synthesizer(used both ISE and synplify). These are the three different...
13
13

M-RAM allocation in Stratix EPS125B672C6
Hi , I am using Altera Quartus II version 4.0 . The EPS125 device has 138 M4K blocks 224 M512 blocks 2 number of 512K Mram blocks has a total of 1,944,576 bits. ( ) the problem i am facing is i am...
2
2

Design running on board but timing are not met
Hi All, I have developed a design which obtained max freq. 56Mhz. So i applied global clock constraint to implement design and timimg is met. This design has sub-modules which are running above...
2
2

LVCMOSS33 I/O sink current
I am using spartan3 fpga with lvcmos33 output pin set to 16 mA drive strength and fast slew rate. I am assuming that 16 mA is the source current at 3.3V as my VCCO voltage is 3.3V. I would like to...
6
6

JTAG FPGA Debugging
Hi everyone! I'm new to the group and quite a beginner in FPGA business. I have this very general question on BSDL files and JTAG - is there any possibility to include any internal signal (not...
5
5

how 33-bit BRAM?
Hi I need to implement 33-bit data BRAM. Obviously, following BRAM will not work. Does anyone suggest how to implement 33-bit data, if possible? Thank you in advance. component RAMB16_S36_S36 port...
3
3

ISE Service pack
For some reason i am not able to download ISE service pack for 9.1i version. Can any body upload it ?
1
1

System-synchronous interface clocking between FPGA's
This may seem like an elementary question/application, but I'll bring it up nonetheless in hopes of getting a thorough understanding... In our design, there are 80MHz system-synchronous interfaces...
5
5

"black_box"-ing of components in toplevel
Hi again, What does the setting of the attribute box_type to "black_box" for my toplevel components effect (concerning modular design flow)? Syntax checking in ISE projnav searchs for the components'...
3
3

Problems to simulate (behavioural) in XPS
Hi friends, I am working with Solaris and with all the systems that i generate with XPS have the same problem. I have a Problem with LIBGEN. If I execute XPS->Software->generate libreries and BSPs,...
12
12

Problem with DDR2 controller
Hi to all I am currently working on DDR2 controller for Burst Lenth 8. My own code is giving good results when i verified with memory model from MICRON. Now my problem is memory on the board is not...

PLB behaviours strangely during burst transactions
Hi, I'm using PLB to read and write 64bit data through burst transactions. I can read and write data correctly, but watching the signals through chipscope I can see a strange behavior: the PLB_MWrDAck...
5
5

PLB behaviors strangely during burst transactions
Hi, I'm using PLB to read and write 64bit data through burst transactions. I can read and write data correctly, but watching the signals through chipscope I can see a strange behavior: the PLB_MWrDAck...

using FPGA JTAG as GPIO
Hi I want to debug a custom board with no interface for data exchange. The requirement is PC based autometic test pattern generation and real time data exchange from FPGA based hardware. I chanced to...
1
1

DDR Controller Blue
Dear all, I am working on a DDR controller that stores captured video frames from which a VGA controller retrieves data. It (DDR controller) works fine for the first few frames but seems dead...
5
5