SDRAM use in XSCALE platform

Hi all,

We are developing a target device based in the Intel's DBPXA255. We want to minimize the target device size, so I would like to know some things about SDRAM in XScale's working environment:

- Can we use a mobile SDRAM with XSCale???

- Can we use the LVCMOS interface with it???

- If we use LVCMOS, there is any hardware change that we should consider from using the LVTTL interface???

I would thank you any advice about this subject.

Thanks in advance,

Lur

Reply to
lur

Hi,

We need to know about a SDRAM that functions with 3.3 Volts and is compatible with XScale for a configuration of 128 MBytes.

Does anyone know what type of SDRAM could we use?? Any experience on this matter??

Thanks in advance,

Lur

Reply to
lur

I would suggest you think about putting a standard SODIMM socket in your appliance if possible. Supply of SDRAM fluctuates (both cost and availability) because it's obsolete (from a desktop PC perspective) :( If you use a standard SODIMM socket you can largely insulate yourself from that phenomenon.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards