Kernel parameters in Lubbock based custom platform

Hi all,

We are trying to launch a Linux "Hello world!" image in a Lubbock based platform (that is very similar to the Intel's original platform). We are using u-boot as bootloader.

My question is: does the linux kernel usually take in a Lubbock platform the kernel parameters (root, console, etc.) from the parameters that are passed using the u-boot's bootargs or does it take them from the command line that you specified when you are building the Kernel image??

What parameters (in the Kernel configuration) should we need to use and where for making work a Kernel image from RAM??

Does the Kernel serial console work at 115200 baudrate on a Lubbock or does it need a fewer baudrate??

When I choose ttyS0, what serial port am I using: FFUART or BTUART???

If there is anyone working on a Lubbock platform and wants to suggest something about these matters, we would be very pleased. Thanks for your help,

Lur

Reply to
lur

If you're building an image that is intended to work with U-Boot (i. e. running "make u-boot" in a correctly ported Linux tree) then the Linux kernel will not have any builtin defaults for a command line but only take what you pass in the "bootargs" environment variable in U-Boot.

Which kernel source tree are you using?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

--
See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88   Web: www.denx.de

Hi,

Thanks for your answer Wolfang.

We are using the Kernel that is provided with ElinOS. It's the 2.4.19 version for ARM.

We are configuring the Kernel for supporting the console on the serial port and we are selecting the parameters line in the Kernel to "console=ttyS0,115200n8" which is the same configuration that we are using for the u-boot (but it doesn't matter if the only parameters that it's using are the u-boot's bootargs).

Thanks for your help,

Lur

Reply to
lur