Linux bootloader for XScale

Hi all,

We are working on a Intel DBPXA255 based platform and we have to port
embedded Linux to it. We are using ElinOS version 2.2 and we have seen
that there are many boot strategies (eboot, etherboot, rolo,
lilo,...).

We'd like to know which is the most aproppiated bootloader in our
case. We would thank you any advice, because we are new in the Linux
world.

Thanks in advance,

Lur

Re: Linux bootloader for XScale
On a Intel DBPXA255 based platform I suggest UBOOT

Re: Linux bootloader for XScale

Aren't these for x86 architectures? We are talking here of a totally
different architecture and it implies different tools and strategies.

May I suggest you buy Karim Yaghmour's book?

There are 4 or 5 boot loaders for ARMs in general (and PXA2xx in
particular). Besides UBOOT mentioned elsewhere, look for redboot.

Regards.

Re: Linux bootloader for XScale
Hello Lur,

we are using uboot. Very handy, if you have to boot from jffs2 or
to load a fpga.

best regards
Wolfgang

Re: Linux bootloader for XScale

While developing your software Etherboot is the best way, as the files
are residing on you development system.

-Michael

Site Timeline