Could I use the opencore ddr_sdr core (for SDRAM) in Xilinx Platform Studio (C code)?

If I download ddr_sdr core from Opencore, how could I use it with PowerPC or Microblaze to access memory with C code. Is it enough to load this core in c:\EDK\hw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\pcores? But I need to create mpd and pao files.

Must I implement C functions to access to it or it is enough to create a pointer to the memory direction?

Reply to
Pablo

there are things you can do, and thing you should not. "using opencores DDR with EDK" is something you should not do.

Antti

Reply to
Antti

That core is an example about what I want to do. I have a ddr core for a non Xilinx Board so I must use this core, but I want to do a PowerPC model and the unique method I know is about using Xilinx Platform Studio. I have to use C code so I need PowerPC and the interface between C code and the core.

I hope this could respond to your advice.

Regards

Pablo

Reply to
Pablo

That core is not an example of what you want to do. It provides a simple interface for FPGA logic to interface with SDRAM. It does not provide an interface to the PLB or OPB, so you would not be able to connect it up to the Power PC without creating another IP core to act as an interface layer.

If you are using EDK, I'm assuming you have a board with a Xilinx part on it. If not, why are you using EDK? I don't quite understand how having a DDR core for a non-Xilinx board affects anything. EDK comes with DDR cores that connect directly to the PLB or OPB. This is what you need.

Based up> >

Reply to
HurleyBP