PBGA FPGA in hi-rel application

Hi

I am involved in a high reliability application where the device we want to use (Quicklogic EclipsePlus QL7160) is only available in a

208pin plastic PQFP (30mm sq) or 280pin plastic BGA (17mm sq). The environment will subject the device to elevated temperature (~115deg) and vibration (TBD). Has anyone any experience with using these types of devices in such an environment & what kind of measures can be taken to improve mechanical reliability ?

Also, does anyone have any general comments on Quicklogic devices and/ or support ?

Thanks Dave

Reply to
Daveb

Un bel giorno Daveb digitò:

I haven't had direct experiences yet, but I know that in some aerospace application BGA isn't looked much well. For example, AFAIK the european space agency explicitly forbids to use them, at least for the scientific experiments (I don't know if different restrictions apply for different applications).

--
emboliaschizoide.splinder.com
Reply to