Win Hill: Inverse Marx Generator ??

That's Olympic class weaseling.

John

I was wondering if all the gun-totin' firefight wisdom was practical or theoretical.

How many people here have ever been in a real-live-ammo, life-and-death gun fight, miliraty or otherwise?

How many have seen someone get shot, in real life, real time?

John

No, I avoided the military because I was afraid it would wreck my creativity, which in my experience it tends to do. I got occupational deferments because of the work I was doing on the C5A and the LHA ships. I *was* in the Navy for a week, sort of, and that convinced me that I'd be better off avoiding the military, in business or in real life.

Did you volunteer, or were you drafted? What did you do in the military?

John

You have to be an absolute utter retard to claim that my nyms are super heroes or that my theme is of that nature.

Nature is the theme, Johnny.

But I do not expect that you have any grasp of that realm either.

Reply to
Mycelium

I think it is you, John Larkin, who holds the Gold Medal in that category. ...Jim Thompson

Obama isn't going to raise your taxes...it's Bush' fault:  Not re-
newing the Bush tax cuts will increase the bottom tier rate by 50%

I have. ...Jim Thompson

Obama isn't going to raise your taxes...it's Bush' fault:  Not re-
newing the Bush tax cuts will increase the bottom tier rate by 50%

Some superheroes are are more useful than others:

Spehro Pefhany

I'd be willing to bet that nearly ALL (if not all) folks in here's 'memory' of such things as popping clips comes from film or documentary sources, as opposed to first hand reference. Particularly since that has not been US issue for many, many decades.

So, if you had any common sense at all, and had any knowledge of the history of the weapon itself, you would have never even asked the question, curious boy.

You should also know the answer to that, since most EEs are scientifico types, and are less likely to be ex military or even less so to be an ex battlefield/front line military.

Most of them have better things to do than shit their life away in an Internet discussion group as well. Now, they all waste their lives away on cell phone 'facebook' or other chat room idiocy, usually done while driving. Just what we need.

Had you any common sense, you would have a glimmer of an idea of the folks you are here with. I know that I have been paying attention, and have a pretty good handle on many if not most of you after nearly a decade.

For you to even ask the question is a tell, Johnny.

Reply to
WarmUnderbelly

"I avoided..." and "in my experience..."

I think that qualifies as "mutually exclusive".

In your experience??? AFTER "You avoided", you want to claim "experience"? Do you even look at what you write before you post it?

Bwuahahahahahaha!

Reply to
AM

Don't know. IIRC you are from N.O. originally ?

I have seen two murders, one suicide, myself been held at gun point, been robbed twice (once at knife point), and once beaten to knock out for fun.

You see, it is not too unusual.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

That's funny, since this damned group is the usual reason my coffee gets cold.

I know... it's my fault... :-) Damned group... :-)

Reply to
UpYerNose

Damn. What friggin' gang ghetto did you grow up in?

Reply to
scorpius

Of course. This is an electronics design group, not a retired-physics-teacher debating society. We can measure the charge that we pump into a capacitor and measure what we get out. We can watch a resistor charge a capacitor at a mathematically predictable rate. Statements like "there is no net charge on the capacitor" that's got 100 volts across it don't help a lot in real life.

John

IOW

"It matters not how it got there... the fact that it is there means we get to now use it for work..." :-)

Reply to
Mycelium

Not so. I've interviewed and hired a number of ex-military techs, and I found them to be universally rigid, rule-bound, and inflexible. And I did spend a week as a guest of the Navy, in Charleston, in a program that was designed to make me want to be a naval officer; it had the opposite effect. Even at the age of 16, it was obvious that these guys had, by my standards, serious masculinity problems. And I've designed lots of military electronics, enough to know that I prefer to do less constrained stuff.

John

I'll take that long, rambling answer as "not me."

John

Yes. I got out in the late 70s, before things got really bad. I never saw a gun fired except for sport.

I think your experience is exceptional. Did you actually see someone being shot?

John

So Archie, why do you NEED 90+ identities on Usenet when normal people can get by with ONE?

mike

Reply to
m II

A guy shot his ex-wife and then put the gun on himself. Right by my house. Double barrel 12-gauge, with sawn off butt and barrel, fire point blank. The guy died instantly, the woman was writhing in blood for some time. The guy was laying face up, with the gaping hole in the chest about the size of the fist. The corner of the house splattered with blood and pieces of tissue. I was ~10 y.o. that time.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

The question is WHY DID you DO IT, Archie?

Why do you need 90+ identities on Usenet? Normal people get by with ONE.

mike

Reply to
m II