Low voltage Marx generator?

Someone asked a question about a Marx generator, which I had never heard of. I found the following site:

and I started wondering if this could act as a DC-DC boost circuit, by replacing the spark gaps with diodes.

Is this possible?

Meandering minds want to know!

--
Barry
Reply to

A Marx won't work with regular diodes. But look up Cockroft Walton Voltage Multipliers, like this f'rinstance:

John

Neat! I like the 'full wave version'. Very clever.

--
Barry
Reply to