Win Hill: Inverse Marx Generator ??

Yeah, and yet we talk about the charge on the capacitor. It's easy to be confused. I TA'ed freshman physics lab for a year (20 years ago). I remember how hard it was to get an isolated charge on a piece of metal. It kept leaking off....

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

JF: Dude, an ampere*second (=3D=3D 1 coulomb) is a product unit. It can = be one kA for 1 ms or 1 uA for 1e6 seconds. Or any other combination, including non-constant current, whose time integral of current equals one ampere*second.

Reply to
JosephKK

The word "integral" scares a lot of people, maybe because so many math profs insist on keeping it abstract. All it means is "how much stuff has flowed."

John

on

=46air enough. I have been known to rag on pretty well anybody, just not constantly.

Reply to
JosephKK

I have to grant the truthfulness of this to you JF.

Reply to
JosephKK

unless

this=20

=20

don't.

Uzi

=20

I had not thought you inhabited dodge city. All but gun nuts tend to use magazine (mag) and clip semi-interchangeably. Heard of "banana clips" holding 50 rounds or more? Not arguing about precise military definitions here, but more like common usage. OK?

Reply to
JosephKK

is

for

No

Streeeik!

Reply to
JosephKK

Yet you never understood it :-) ...Jim Thompson

Obama isn't going to raise your taxes...it's Bush' fault:  Not re-
newing the Bush tax cuts will increase the bottom tier rate by 50%

Gosh, in all the semiconductor physics i have seen it is "pair generation". No net charge change involved.

Reply to
JosephKK

You have never made any such correction. You are too goddamned stupid to make any post that is contributory... ever. You haven't done so in years, if you ever did.

Reply to
AM

That is what *HE* said. Remember the cap that takes a LONG time to

*fully* discharge through the resistor?

I cannot believe some of you guys are so blind!

Reply to
MeowSayTongue

But in normal electronics usage, we would say that the battery or capacitor was charged by the solar cell! "Charge separation" or "pair generation" - there *is no* physical net charge in reality. Yet we always talk of the "charge of a capacitor" or "charging a battery". It is what this whole thread has been about (and I believe it is this usage that Larkin had in mind).

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Larkin has some need to prove he is intelligent. Generally people that are like this are not intelligent and hence the reason Fields is correct. How else can Larkin "prove" he is intelligent if he is not. He can't come up with the right answer so he waits until someone else does then pretends it was his so he can claim that he is intelligent. He has to do this repeatedly to keep proving he is intelligent because he does things that are not intelligent(because that is what he really is).

Reply to
George Jefferson

I thought that was in A. C. Clarke's intro to _Venus Equilateral_.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

Show us some electronics you've designed.

John

Show us some charge ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Obama isn't going to raise your taxes...it's Bush' fault:  Not re-
newing the Bush tax cuts will increase the bottom tier rate by 50%

Sonnova gun! Who would have thunked it ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

Obama isn't going to raise your taxes...it's Bush' fault:  Not re-
newing the Bush tax cuts will increase the bottom tier rate by 50%

Many GIs found that out the hard way.

Keep a few expended clips in your pocket, fire off seven, rapid, throw a clip at a rock - Ping!. Tojo takes the opportunity to break cover and move, and you put the last one in him. ;-)

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

"Tojo"? Are you THAT old ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

Obama isn't going to raise your taxes...it's Bush' fault:  Not re-
newing the Bush tax cuts will increase the bottom tier rate by 50%

I would but you'd probably still the idea. It wouldn't do any good because it wouldn't shut you up... you'd say the same thing to the next guy. Your just looking for someone that has a smaller penis than you so you can point and make fun of. If someone has a bigger one than you then you just move on to the next guy.

Your not an engineer because engineers don't play such games. Your a con that parades around as an engineer. Oh wait... I shouldn't go that far. You are an engineer, a social engineer(and your not even good at that).

Reply to
George Jefferson