Subject Author Posted Replies

nets vs. pads ; constraints question
Hello all, What is the difference between a NET and a PAD with regards to constraints management? Also, I noticed that I can constrain my FPGA_CLK but it looks like there's another element called...
1
1

Cyclone II "altsyncram" timing constraints?
Just wondered if anyone could point me to documentation on the timing constraints for the "altsyncram" standard module on Cyclone II. I have chapter 8 of the device handbook, which has a basic...
3
3

Extended CFP for CIC 2007: (submission date extended to March 9, 2007)
Extended Call for Papers Extended Submission Date: March 9, 2007 The 2007 International Conference on Communications in Computing: CIC 2007 Monte Carlo Resort hotel, in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA June 25...

newbie question
Hi While delivering an IP is it necessary to have all the outputs registered? what is the advantage from this?
1
1

RTOS?
I am developing an FPGA application which works in series with a main processor which is running an RTOS(VxWorks). Since my inputs and outputs are to and from that processor, should i be using any...
1
1

Spartan-3E Sample Packs
Does anyone have any of these things for sale? I missed out when they came out, and would love to get my hands on a couple. If anyone has any unused laying around.. please let me know..

Looking for a superscalar simulator
Hi all, before doing the hardware implementation I wanna trace the instruction buffer in a simulator for some special algorithms. Could anyone suggest me a dual-issue simulator that allows to...

PETALINUX AUTO-BOOT
Hello, I have tried to implement uclinux (from Petalogix) in a Spartan 3E. I have followed the Spartan 3E tutorial, but when I reboot my fpga, the termNo existing image in FLASH. So I program the...

Selecting device in Project Properties : no XC2V1000?
Hello, I'm new in using ISE and I'm trying to start project for Virtex2 FPGA with 1M gates - but in Project Properties (after selecting "Virtex2" in Family field) I can't find xc2v1000 as an option in...
4
4

can I convert DPRAM to SPRAM?
Hi, Is there any way of implementing DPRAM from single port RAM's?(may be by connecting two SPRAM's) Thanks
5
5

Xilinx ML402 Virtex-4 Eval kit - I2C Bus
Hello, I recently obtained a ML402 Virtex-4 SX35 evaluation board from Xilinx and would like to use it to communicate with some I2C slave devices. What is the proper way to do this? I am new to FPGA /...
1
1

Managing input clock of 20MHz at input of DCM
Hi all I have a clock of 20Mhz on my board and I want Digital clock manager to generate a clock of 130MHz in my Xilinx Virtex-2 xc2v1000 FPGA. Now , the problem is that the DCM requires atleast 24Mhz...
2
2

configuring in slave serial mode with serial platform PROM
i have a problem while configuring the virtex2 pro fpga in slave serial mode i am using platform flash RPOM of XC40FS serial flash prom. i am not getting the done pin high after configuration. my...
1
1

How to get the area/time results without IO mapping
Hi all, I want to evaluate the area and time cost of an intermediate product on Xilinx FPGA. But the number of output ports exceed number of I/O pins. (Actually there will be much less outputs in the...
4
4

Xilinx MIG DDR2 Documentation
I am trying to use the Xilinx Memory Interface Generator (MIG) version 1.6 to generate a DDR2 x16 core for initiall testing of a XC4VFX12-10SF363 board that we are bringing up this week. The memory is...
3
3