Xilinx ML402 Virtex-4 Eval kit - I2C Bus

Hello,

I recently obtained a ML402 Virtex-4 SX35 evaluation board from Xilinx and would like to use it to communicate with some I2C slave devices. What is the proper way to do this? I am new to FPGA / HDL designing and feel a little lost.

The data sheet for the ML402 states that there is an I2C bus that can be used to connect additional hardware. Is there a hardware master controller or do I still need to use a software I2C controller core?

I'd really appreciate any help that I can get.

Thanks in advance, Mostafa

Reply to
m.afgani

I have an I2C master written in VHDL that sends init data to some off board chips via the expansion port. This is done in entirely with the ISE and not the software studio. If you are interested send me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Brad Smallridge brad at aivision dot com

Reply to
Brad Smallridge