the 100W bulb lives on....

75W

Once again, you have no clue what you're talking about; common affliction for lefties.

Reply to
krw

OK, thats one.

Reply to
hamilton

Huh, fan.

Reply to
hamilton

75W

Don't you just love the lefties telling everyone else how to live their lives?

I'm glad you were able to laugh today. That must make, what, a year in between smiles?

Meanwhile, the term "great room" has meaning. Sorry if you're too dumb to get it.

Reply to
krw

My guess is that these will hold up in blinked-a-few/several-times-per-daily-start applications.

And, they are exempt from the upcoming ban.

--
 - Don Klipstein (don@donklipstein.com)
Reply to

I am aware of applicance bulbs, especially refrigerator ones, designed to have life expectancy of only 500 hours at 120V.

Also, many applicance bulbs are low-bid-of-China ones. Even 12-15 years ago, dollar stores and "discount stores" had these - and my experience was noticeably disappointingly short life. I do not know whether these got better since.

(Then again, my experience is that "dollar store CFLs" from most dollar stores other than Dollar Tree mostly rose only slightly in the past nearly decade that they were available - and not out of the "stool specimen" range of levels.)

--
 - Don Klipstein (don@donklipstein.com)
Reply to
Don Klipstein

Although there are some exceptions, and I have a a recent fixture rated for 150W incandescents, my experience is that most fixtures typically taking non-reflectorized medium-screw-base bulbs are rated for 60W max. incandescent.

The main exceptions in my experience are floor lamps and base-down non-enclosed table lamps.

--
 - Don Klipstein (don@donklipstein.com)
Reply to
Don Klipstein

Although there are some exceptions, and I have a a recent fixture rated for 150W incandescents, my experience is that most fixtures typically taking non-reflectorized medium-screw-base bulbs are rated for 60W max. incandescent.

The main exceptions in my experience are torchiere-style floor lamps and base-down non-enclosed table lamps.

--
 - Don Klipstein (don@donklipstein.com)
Reply to
Don Klipstein

snipped-for-privacy@DonKlipstein.com (Don Klipstein) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@manx.misty.com:

I don't know,they were in the apartment when I moved in.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Dan

ge

The electric boiler is temporary- you would want the radiant piping install to be permanent.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

ed

I had a 1200W floor lamp once- the idea was to project all the light onto the ceiling and bounce it back onto the room over a much greater area- it was from the 1940s.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

"high-grade" electricity? is there a "low-grade" that's cheaper or more plentiful? more suited for resistive heating?

IMO,generating electricity via nuclear power is the way to go.

4th generation nukes or thorium plants.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I can suggest some specific LED product lines for incandescent-like color: (Although these are not "most white LEDs")

Cecol / Citizen ones with nominal color temp. 2900 K and high CRI (85)

Cree "EZ-white" (CRI minimum of 80 at 2700 K and 3000 K)

Cree "True White" LR and LMR series modules, CRI of 90 in 2700, 3000, 3500 and 4100 K (incandescent-like to almost-sunlight-like-white)

Then again, I like warmish colors (3500K mostly, sometimes 2700-3200 K) for home lighting, but I like cooler pure-white colors (4100-5500 K) for flashlights. And, I think 6000-6500 K slightly bluish white is still good for flashlights. Everyone I know agrees with me here.

--
 - Don Klipstein (don@donklipstein.com)
Reply to
Don Klipstein

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Planning for future growth? maybe starting a family in the future? or possible resale value? room for hobbies?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

"solar",what a joke.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

means

used

Then it's junk.

Michael A. Terrell

Envy. Not pretty.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

You have made a bunch of assumptions and have been pretty much wrong every time. I built the house I referred to. The walls used 2 by 8 's for sills and top plates and staggered 2 by 4's for studs. Which means the studs did not extend from inside to outside. The walls were insulated with two layers of 3 1/2 fiberglass. The outside of the basement walls were insulated with foam. In addition the basement ceiling was insulated. And all the interior walls were insulated. So when my son went off to college, the heat in his room could be turned off. The family room had a wood burning stove as did the basement. The house was on five acres and the firewood was cut from the lot. I never said that cutting off the heat saved a significant amount of money The cost of electricity in Seattle area is low and the winters are mild. But it did mean that one could heat only the bedroom at night and be comfortable without running a heating system for the whole house. Remember the interior walls were insulated. And because the house was so well insulated, it did not cool down so much that it was cold in the morning. And it warmed up quickly.

So essentially instead of having a central heating system , baseboard heaters worked well. The savings in the heating system went to pay for better insulation. The wood stove provided a lot of the heat for the house. And was nice when the power was out for several days.

Radiant floor heat with an electric boiler would have cost as much or more for the electricity. And in my opinion would look like crap. The floors were all real wood flooring, not laminate wood floors.

=20 Dan

Reply to
dcaster

We are in modern times of great and greatly increasing income disparity and limitations in supply of natural resources including fossil fuels.

There is an old saying, "My freedom ends where your nose begins".

Should the minority that has the majority of wealth and annual income be free to consume bigtime and bid up the prices of limited-supply resources that everyone needs?

--
 - Don Klipstein (don@donklipstein.com)
Reply to
Don Klipstein

Hey the inspectors seem to have been union too, that is called "Solidarity".

Reply to
josephkk