the 100W bulb lives on....

Cheap boiler for radiant heat? "Heat pump strip heater"? You're too funny.

Reply to
krw

A leftist obviously doesn't know a totalitarian when he looks at one in the mirror. It happens all the time.

Certainly it is. IT'S CALLED FREEDOM. You really are a communist.

Reply to
krw

By which you mean that you like me to change my posting behaviour here? You haven't got much idea of how I behave in any other context.

I'd like you to think a bit harder before you post your contributions, but I don't think I'm going to persuade you to get an education, or even wake you up the fact that you could use one.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

No, it's a lot more than a "living room", though includes that space. It also normally includes the kitchen and some sort of dining area, (in our case a breakfast area with a more-or-less separate formal dining room). It's more of an open-plan than individual rooms. They usually have vaulted ceilings (more to piss off the lefties), as well.

Reply to
krw

Yes, Bill. You are fiddling.

By "We" I assume you mean everyone except you. If I am wrong about that, then please get a position of importance and enact laws, petition your representatives, do your voting thing, make waves in the media...something other than spewing you stuff in a forum where it only creates arguments. Your voice is wasted here and, if you are intelligent, you know that.

Reply to
John S

What's wrong with voluntary taxation?

Reply to
krw

Wat the 'ell is that?

Reply to
John S

ste>

:

e:

city

y.

way

arity

he

So krw doesn't know what the word "totalitarian" means.

I've not noticed Don Klipstein expressing any obvious enthusiasm for the complete control of the thoughts and actions of US citizens. In supporting a partial ban on incandescent filament bulbs he is supporting a very narrow and limited control of a particular aspect of their behaviour, but that falls a long way short of totalitarianism.

ome

ink

my

It's actually called idiotically extremist free market economics. The people who make money out of it - in the short term - call it freedom. It is odd that krw doesn't support a similarly free market for drugs of addiction (tobacco and alcohol excepted)where precisely the same arguments apply - or perhaps krw does get out and demonstrate for the right of drug dealers to sell heroin to school children?

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

I don't know about "lefties", what ever they are (I assume it is a political tag with which I am unfamiliar), but I have a mobile home with such an arrangement. The dining, breakfast, living, kitchen areas are all in such a combined "room". The bathrooms and bedrooms are separate.

Is that what you mean?

Reply to
John S

It also

more of

(more

Why should vaulted ceiling piss off lefties? The examples I've seen have been in houses made out of deconsecrated churches, and - like any good lefty - I'm happy to see this confirmation that the population is losing its enthusiasm for mindless religiousity. And a bit of vautling an a few cornices do help the acoustics.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Pretty much, but about 1000-1500 sq.ft. with 20' ceilings (except the kitchen is 9').

Reply to
krw

Are lotteries mandatory? They are a tax (on the stupid).

Reply to
krw

also

of

Oh, well, no way do I have a "great room". The entire mobile home is only 14x70. But, I guess that it is the greatest area in the MH.

Thanks and Cheers, John S

Reply to
John S

No, but the lottery lines at the stores show considerable participation. I think the thought of winning something makes it mandatory for some individuals.

Reply to
John S

So, you're saying that the lottery (instituted by the State) is voluntary taxation? If so, I agree. I also think it is a regressive sort of taxation.

Reply to
John S

Right. A stupid tax.

Reply to
krw

Yes.

Regressive? The odds are the same no matter how much you make. Well, the odds are pretty low that you're playing the lottery, if you're rich. It's still 100% voluntary. What's not to like?

Reply to
krw

Well, the poor should spend their money supporting their children, wives, parents, themselves, etc. rather than blowing it on low probability income.

However, it is their right to do so. And, their freedom to do so is mandated by the State.

I guess I have no argument.

Reply to
John S

The poor shouldn't have wives or children. What free people do is none of my business (unless they're getting my tax dollars).

Exactly.

Darn! ;-)

Reply to
krw

Maybe, but I haven't tried it yet. Here's an example. The bid is 94 cents with shipping at $8.90, or maybe $1 per 1 watt LED at 80LM.

I plan to use an existing table lamp and replace the bulb with a 5 inch diameter circular copper clad PC board to mount the LEDs. 20 square inches should be enough to dissipate 8 watts. That's about half a watt per square inch.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden