the 100W bulb lives on....

You need to remember that electricity in Washington State was extremely cheap as it was produced by hydroelectric dams. So there was a period when resistive space heating was the least expensive way to heat considering all costs and benefits. One of benefits of resistive heat is that it is easy to heat only the room you are occupying and not the whole house.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

You can usually get the power company to reduce the voltage if it is

130 VAC. But lots of residences have 125 VAC. Just checked the house here and it is 123 VAC.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Another lame straw man, as usual.

Michael A. Terrell

Unlike the British way, of killing people and burning down their homes to steal their land?

Michael A. Terrell

127 is closer to 130 than 120.
Michael A. Terrell

"A straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position."- please explain where I misrepresented your position, if you even had one...

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Dan

Why did you build such a big house if you occupy so little of it? Overbuilding: more unsustainable American gluttony...

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Keep it up. This is why you left the last time, after everyone kill filed your silly ass.

Michael A. Terrell

Ignoramus. Do you use every bit of space in your home 24/7?

Michael A. Terrell

quoted text -

Nah- I had better things to do than waste time talking with the likes of you..

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

I can accept that you need to behave differently.

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie

You feel drawn to the light?

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie

Oh, but you see, it's "For Your Own Good."

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Bill, you're trying to push a rope.

Reply to
John S

Do you mean like the ones you've attended?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Maybe you sleep in multiple rooms, but i sleep in just one room.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

No answer as to which 130V version? Since I mention the differing-from- each-other 120V performances of 3 common 130V 100W versions, with a 1:38 to 1 range of light output and efficiency at 120V, and a 4-plus-to-one range in life expectancy at 120V, I think it's relevant to ask which one you were referring to.

--
 - Don Klipstein (don@donklipstein.com)
Reply to

All of these incandescent applications look like ones already typically served by incandescents that are exempt from the upcoming ban.

--
 - Don Klipstein (don@donklipstein.com)
Reply to
Don Klipstein

Get any of these:

  • An incandescent not affected by the ban, such as 40W flame shape, or a halogen having enough energy efficiency to escape the ban on that basis (such as 2 Philips and 4 GE models that I am aware of).

  • An LED bulb, if it is rated for dimmers or photocells.

  • A cold cathode CFL. They are a little less efficient than the usual hot cathode ones, but they last longer, suffer essentially zero wear from starting, and most are rated for dimmers - which means OK for electronic switching. Did I say essentially zero wear from starting? These are even used for marquee lights in Las Vegas! I only seem them in brick-and-mortar stores up to 3 or 4 watts so far, but online sellers have them up to at least 8 watts.
--
 - Don Klipstein (don@donklipstein.com)
Reply to
Don Klipstein

What about those 40W appliance bulbs? In refrigerators, they last a long time. In the ventilation hoods, not so long.

Reply to
John S