Sorta OT: Win 7 64

The keys change with each message sent, idiot, so "copying the keys" would get you nowhere. Likely not even into the message they were generated for.

Encrypted messages also expire now, so even if you have the data and the keys, you will not be able to see the message, because the decryption engine will kill it if it is expired. If one tries to circumvent the encryption engine features, it will not work.

Trapped, I'd say... in this thread... in your own stupidity.

Reply to
lurch

There is no back door, dufus.

Reply to
lurch

You're a goddamned idiot.

Reply to
lurch

Wrong again, K-Tard. Windows 7 came AFTER Vista, to be sure. But it has NONE of what the Vista core was about.

As far as "begat" goes, sure it did. It told them that all the measures they put in to protect your machine did too good a job. So the world decided that a little less protection would solve it... and it did.

Not that a total, sub-human retard like you could ever grasp the concept of evolution.

Reply to
lurch

Utterly retarded.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Reply to
lurch

Wakes from standby in

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

I didn't know Dimbulb still had his fairy tail.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

On a sunny day (Fri, 01 Jan 2010 13:13:39 -0600) it happened krw wrote in :

NSA did a mod for Linux, and I thought hey, they are making a backdoor. have not looked a the code. have no big secrets to keep here :-) They already know from what planet I am. But sure I bet that the Chinese, who also use a lot of Linux, had a very good look at it, grin - and possibly added their own backdoor - grin.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

What if one of those bumps was dimbulb?

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

He never had the tail part (hence only a belief). OTOH, he is a fairy.

Reply to
krw

The original Enigma came from the Czechs, long before they captured the NAVAL Enigma. AlwaysWrong, you should just quit while you're behind.

What a DOPE!

AlwaysWrong lives up to his name, always.

Lean SOMETHING.

Only in your little fairy head (and containing only one lonely neuron, it is *little*), AlwaysWrong. Nothing on the planet is perfect, particularly when people are involved.

Reply to
krw

AlwaysWrong, there IS NO KEY in OTP encryption. The pad *is* the key. Now go back to mommy's hamper, DimBulb.

Reply to
krw

You're always wrong, AlwaysWrong, so I'm on safe ground.

Reply to
krw

look at it,

Unless you've inspected *every* byte that is on your machine *today* you can't make any such assumption with safety.

Reply to
krw

You're always wrong, AlwaysWrong. I do well enough, but I do not a lot of jealousy on your part. You should seek professional help. Don't worry, DimBulb, Obama will help all you fairies.

Reply to
krw

Bullshit. What drivers does it use?

And suck up even more resources. No thanks. You can put your copy of Win7 where your copy of Vista should be.

Looking at you as an example, it's pretty hard.

Reply to
krw

Pretty please!

Reply to
krw

For a good description of the Enigma:

The US military used a machine very similar to the Enigma, called Sigaba:

Here's a recent paper on the analysis of that machine.

At some stations, having lots of crypto traffic, the equivalent of KP was clipping the cross connections in the rotors so they could be returned by unclassified means. They were originally assembled by a number of operators, each making only one connection in each rotor. Thus no one person knew the connections within even a single rotor.

The US machine had a different means of "rotating", which made it much more difficult to break.

I spent over 30 years developing military communication satellites, and we always encrypted even the housekeeping telemetry, as well as the payload data. I find it hard to believe the stories about the drone downlink being intercepted, unless it was intended to be.

--
Virg Wall, P.E.
Reply to

If you haven't read it, "Siezing the Enigma", by Kahn, is a good read about the other-than-technical aspects of the Enigma and Bletchley Park.

I can believe anything done by the government or for the government. Idiots do idiotic things.

Reply to
krw

I have 2 486s. One is a high end, full blown EISA machine running NT

3.51.
Reply to
Archimedes' Lever