Sorta OT: Win 7 64

Except that they should now remove it, as it is no longer true.

Reply to
lurch

Yeah, but in your case, it is no different than your also incorrect interpretation of what "vapor phase" means.

Reply to
lurch

Then run the 32 bit version, ya dippy ditz!

Some tool, that its authors are so lame that they cannot even keep up with the rest of the world.

Reply to
lurch

It is such a shame that stupid fear does not kill those that have it.

The far less populated world we live in would be far better than the cry baby horseshit we are inundated with in the current world.

Reply to
lurch

Roy,

Happy New Year. You're fun to argue with sometimes, but eventually you always run out of things to say and fall back on empty and tedious abuse, which never actually hurts anyone here because nobody takes you very seriously. How about spending five minutes a day trying to see things from somebody else's point of view?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

Happy New Year, Tim. There's no reason for me to use dosbox in Windows, since XP runs all my DOS apps fine--though the available RAM is a lot less than in OS/2.

I've used it on my Opteron/Linux cluster a fair amount, because dosemu didn't work on that hardware, and it's dog slow even on a fast machine. I know about how to change the speed and all that--it goes from 1% of the speed of dosemu to probably 10%, and brings the machine to its knees in the process.

Pathetic.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
ElectroOptical Innovations
55 Orchard Rd
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058
hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Are you talking about Windows NT 3.1/3.51 and not about the buggy 16 bit Win 3.x crap ?

I have used Win NT 3.51 for several years and the only BSOD I had was when I forcefully tried to install a 16 bit fax modem program. Uptimes were typically several months and the reason for shutdown was absence from the computer for several days due to Christmas, Eastern and summer holidays, since I did not want to leave the system unattended for days or weeks due to the fire hazard.

The kernel data structures resemble quite closely with those used in VMS compared to the 16bit Win3x or Unix data structures.

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

I completely agree with this. NT4 moved the GDI into kernel mode to speed up some screen updates. You could crash the original NT4 (prior to the Service Packs) by simply passing a NULL pointer by mistake in any screen update call.

When someone is trained to write kernel mode driver code, the first thing is usually to check that the parameters passed to the driver would be accessible_with_user_mode_ access rights, before accessing the parameter from kernel mode.

When the Win9x family was merged with the Win NT, the original system architecture was even more compromised.

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

I guess making retarded treadmill remarks makes you look more mature.

It is an OS, That is what it is being advertised as. It just happens to be a more modern world than the Luddite retard crew can garner a clue from that isn't ten years behind the rest of the world, Luddite boy.

That is not what MS did, nor is it what they are doing.

It's Windows, dipshit. Get a clue. It is nothing like the AppleTard gear.

Reply to
lurch

No, it isn't.

Reply to
lurch

Weeks? You are one slow in the head as well as the rest kind of guy, huh?

It wouldn't take that long, even if there were a hundred apps. Jeez, grow the f*ck up already.

I am sure that you have wasted far more on far less in life. In fact, it is pretty obvious.

Reply to
lurch

Wrong, dumbfuck.

Roy is a retarded twit tenement building service hack from NYC. I am in California. You are in a different place. The name of that place is: Clueless.

Reply to
lurch

This from the retard that makes an assumption of "none", when that is not what was said at all.

"None" is the number of properly firing neurons between your pathetic ears.

I guess most of you stupid bastards are lucky my name isn't Dexter.

Reply to
lurch

You're a goddamned retard.

It is obvious that you do NOT "know".

Reply to
lurch

On a sunny day (Thu, 31 Dec 2009 17:51:53 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Somebody will break into your place and take the computer and DVDs. Or copy the DVDs. But it does not hurt encrypting your stuff. This newsreader even has it build in, including the random generator button. LOL

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Sorry, Roy, wherever you are. My deepest apologies for confusing you with this individual.

Now, Lurch, you're still not being polite. Play nice, and maybe we'll ask to see your Linux software, or even to hear an unclassified, nonconfidential description of it.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
ElectroOptical Innovations
55 Orchard Rd
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058
hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

If they can break into your place, they can just read the plaintext. Or force you to tell them everything.

John

It's easy to tell them apart. Lurch is Always Wrong and has a severe scat fetish.

John

So, list the real advantages of Win7 over XP, from an electrical engineer's perspective, not that of a consumer gameboi.

John

I might waste some time at Sugar Bowl today, if it stops snowing so hard. I hate to ski on bumps I can't see.

John