Purging index.dat files on Win 2000

If I boot to DOS (Win 2000) and delete all the index.dat files, would = that cause any problems?

If better to get a utility, which one would you recommend? I use = CCleaner but it does not erase all the internet data even when secure = delete is selected.

Any suggestions would very much be appreciated.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Natastalia

cause any problems?

it does not

See section 4 on how to delete index.dat files.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

x-no-archive: yes

Our office machine contains taxpayer information and business clients. We typical use East Tec Eraser which not only does index.dat but the slack space and free space on the hard drive. Before we send an old machine to the recycler, we'll run this on the hard drive to erase all data.

Michael Lalonde -

Lalonde Food Catering Sudbury, Ontario

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

cause any problems?

but it does not

Reply to
Michael Lalonde

cause any problems?

but it does not

If it's just going to be recycled, I'd erase the HDs with a ball peen hammer, myself.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs