Sorta OT: Win 7 64

Yes, and Roy seems to be following him...over the summer he was posting from the same servers Lurch is using. Don't look now, they're gaining. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

They still needed to recover the keys, DimBulb. For THAT, they needed information about the messages. A few times they intercepted key books (captured submarine), but mostly it was because the operators were stupid. Why do you continue to prove how wrong you can be, AlwaysWrong?

Reply to
krw

generic

into a

and

everthing.

...and you're most likely wrong, here too. Your track record *is* perfect so no more research is needed.

You really can't read, can you DimBulb? Perhaps you just like being wrong, AlwaysWrong.

No, you can't decrypt Enigma or any other reasonable cipher by just knowing the encryption algorithm (other than by brute force, i.e. discovering the key). You have to know the KEY. For that the needed the clear/cipher text pairs, which were often weather reports stupidly sent both ways.

AlwaysWrong, is *always* wrong.

How do you continue to be *so* wrong, AlwaysWrong? ...and still breathe?

Reply to
krw

Wrong again, AlwaysWrong. The system John describes doesn't gain any advantage from time stamps. What a dufus, DimBulb!

Reply to
krw

Crap, everyone has the same random number generator, so you're screwed right there. No need to break into anything.

Reply to
krw

NT 3.51.

I'd get constant hangs. I stuck with OS/2 until NT4, at work, and for home wasn't happy enough with Windows to switch until 2K. It's been downhill ever since. I tried switching to Linux, but gave up on it (I'll try again sometime "soon").

The kernel data structures are a small part of the system.

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Fri, 01 Jan 2010 09:41:04 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Or just copy the keys, and let you carry on, you will not know you are working for them... Espionage works that way.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 01 Jan 2010 12:03:12 -0600) it happened krw wrote in :

Not sure, Linux had /dev/random, and /dev/urandom, type: cat /dev/random It will output a little bit, more when you move the mouse or do something, so when there is some system activity. Leave it running overnight on a server and it *is* pretty random. There are hardware random generators, some based on radioactive decay... Maybe John could make one from the tritium lights in his cabin. No, it is not so easy to reconstruct those random streams.

But I think if you run MS windows that you need no random generator,. Because then they can read it all in plaintext via the backdoor.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

IME, it's more of a sure thing.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

So what? The algorithm is know as are all the inputs. It's not going to make one-time pad encryption any stronger than a Dick Tracy magic encoder ring.

No, it certainly is *not* in any way "random".

It is a nice day to move goal posts, but a lot of them are already in use.

To pretend otherwise is certainly foolish. Linux is no different, here.

Reply to
krw

Given that Vista begat Win7, it is a *sure* thing. No "more of" about it.

Reply to
krw

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

More total bullshit.

Even with a high end, high demand GUI in place, a modern CPU would run

5x circles (at least) around ANY 486 that was ever built.
Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

NOT Roy, you retarded FUCK! He doesn't even read this group. Yet another stupid ass move on the part of what few neurons you have that are trying to fire correctly.

Not to a retarded f*ck like you, NO!

More proof of how truly retarded you are.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

John Larkin is a bona-fide total retard, and has a fetish claiming fetish.

I have no fetish whatsoever, much less any that approach the retarded fetish you have for accusing others of having a fetish.

I hope you choke on it, boy.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Sure you do, DimBulb. In addition to your scat fetish, which you do share with Roy, you're into mommy's underwear. Let's not forget your need for abuse, either.

Gay fantasies, too.

Reply to
krw

I never said you could, you retarded f*****ad. What I said was that they didn't UNTIL they had actually captured an Enigma machine. They were capturing the encrypted messages the whole time, dumbfuck, they just didn't decode them until the machine was captured.

The key changed with each message.

And yet they STILL did not decipher them UNTIL they had the actual machine.

Learn to read.

And yes, idiot, unbreakable encryption IS a reality. Just not for a retard like you or your retarded followers of your bullshit.

Reply to
lurch

Dumbfuck. The timestamp is not a part of the message, it is used to assist in the creation of the key, and yes, it would make it even more difficult.

Reply to
lurch

More utter stupidity. The solution to an RNG that "isn't" is to make it several steps deep so that it IS, regardless of the generation point.

You educated decades ago idiots really are obsolete. So are your views.

Truly random number generators have ALSO been in the loop at the high end for more than a couple of years now.

Try going back to school all over again, K-Tard. This time, stay off the drugs, and don't buy any test answers.

Reply to
lurch

More proof that you are too stupid to include yourself in any true scientific discipline.

Reply to
lurch