Sony TV set loss of memory.

Set model KV-2184 SA (South Africa). Picture perfect but once in a while the channel shifts a bit, causing the channel to be re-tuned. This seems to happen only if the set is not used in a few days, however sometimes the set will be completely de-tuned when powered up. I cannot see a memory backup battery (unless i'm missing it, where should it be?) Any suggestions on what is going on here?

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

"Bart Bervoets" schreef in bericht news:d2taku$4kk$ snipped-for-privacy@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net...

Look for the memory ic, near the µC, look for 24Cxx and replace it (copy it).

Herm.

Reply to
1

Is it a programmed ic then? I cannot copy a chip here.

Bart Bervoets

the

should

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

"Bart Bervoets" schreef in bericht news:d2vv0d$stf$ snipped-for-privacy@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net...

Well, sometimes it needs setup data (options) and offcourse the station data, try a blank one, if you get a working set then it is allright, otherwise find someone to copy it (i can do it, i live in Nederland).

Herm.

Reply to
1

"1" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...