SONY TV Kv-27ts27 color problem

i have a SONY KV-27ts27 made July 1992 I'm noticing that red is more brown than red. i tried adjusting things a bit but not gotten very good results. there is no red drive pot. there is a green drive and a blue drive but no red. there is a red BKG pot and a blue BKG and a green BKG.

is there a procedure for tuning color? i made a nice colour bar test pattern on my PC and use the tvout from the PC into the video 1 input.

Wish i could get this set tuned up because it works well other than the poor colors. there is definately red there so its not a failed gun. at least not completely.

i have replaced the MPX chip in the past. any help would be appreciated. Joust

Reply to
Joust

Generally turn the color off, some units require unsoldering the color crystal, but not this unit. If the G2 & other pots like ABL, weren't fooled with, turn the red, green, & blue to minimum, then try about 25% red, then mix in green to look orangy/yellow, then mix in blue to get "true B & W". It's easier to do, than say. You just do it by eye. If you fool it up, & say it looks too green, just reduce, & mix green, & blue as needed. Sounds like mixing paint for a car. Sky

Reply to
Skype_man