JVC TV C-2018, add channels to memory

This TV came in for an intermittent problem traced to bad joints at the degauss thermistor.

However, while checking out the functions, I noticed that it skipped several channels, and all those between 46 and 61 (cable). I don't have the remote. The front panel has a "Function" button that brings up an on-screen menu that allows selection of cable or air input and has a line "Channel Select". I thought this latter might be an add/delete function, perhaps using the volume up and down, or channel up or down buttons, but it does not work. (I did try an One-for-All universal with it -- it works for routine functions -- but that didn't help with adding the missing channels.)

Anyone know how to either reset the channel memory or to add/delete channels on this older 1988 model. (Other than this, the set is fully functional and has a great picture.)

Michael C.E.T.

(Please post reply, thanks)

Reply to
Michael

patricia.edmonds

I had a Panasonic set which had the same problem. I don't have it anymore, so don't remember the model number; but when I did, I googled this group to find it was a known problem caused by a bad chip in the tuner.

Likely you're looking at the same sort of issue.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert