Replacing the FBT RCA 239111

Well I guess I should have mentioned its a GE 46 inch projection T

about 5 years old. It appears ro be rather straightfoward but I don' want to leave my wife and kids without their main support. Is there way to use a meter to check if it is retaining a charge?

kip Wrote:

Not to mention they come with New Wire with Cap just pull ot o > Flyback. > > kip > Chances are its a Pro Set > kip > > Do NOT try and discharge under the Anode cap. > Just leave that alone ... > kip- > > > How do you recommend he replaces the flyback without messing with the > anode > cap? If it's a direct view set then they're attached. > > - > >

-- RodG

Reply to
RodG

Yikes! Just pull out the Red cable...remove IHVT Install new reinsert Red wire as per instructions . Make sure the HOT is not S/C .. kip

Reply to
kip