Subject Author Posted Replies

Could someone tell me NIOS II/MB performance on this benchmark?
I trying to get a feel for how the performance of my (so far unoptimized) soft-core stacks up against the established competition, so it would be a great help if people with convenient access to Nios...
5
5

Debounce in Verilog?
Hi guys: I'm using a Xilinx FPGA for an application and I'm having trouble with an input square wave that has a little bounce at its transitions. At this stage of the game, it would be difficult for...
4
4

understanding xilinx silicon revisions (does ES come before CES4, etc.)
In trying to fix a bug with Ethernet MAC/phy operation, I came across AR 24494 which mentions "silicon rev CES4 or later". How can one determine the silicon rev? I have two different parts marked as...
4
4

Darnaw1 Schematics
Schematics are now available on our website for our low cost development board Darnaw1. These and other materials for this board are linked on John Adair Enterpoint Ltd.

How to embed time and date in Xilinx FPGA?
I would like to automatically embed the Xilinx compile (synthesize) time into my FPGA. I have a script file that can put the time and date into my Verilog code. I would like to automatically call that...
2
2

what's next?
Hello Group, I have done a couple of small fpga projects with verilog. I am looking for some follow-up fun projects to increase my experience and exposure to FPGA/verilog? I am thinking of interfacing...

Quatech SPP 100 PCMCIA to Parallel Adapter for FPGA Board for Sale
Just in case anybody interested, I am selling Quatech SPP 100 PCMCIA to Parallel Adapter. This is the latest version of SPP 100 (Rev. H) and compatible with 3.3V and 5V PCMCIA slot. I have tested it...
1
1

how can i recover my unencrypted bitstream starting from encrypted one and knowing the KEY
i v some questions about the encrypted bitstream in the Virtex 5 , hope someone could answer me : 1* As we know the algorithm used to encrypt data in Virtex 5 ( AES 256 cbc ), can i edit by myself an...
15
15

CRC algorithm
is someone has the code of CRC (cyclical redundancy check) that xilinx use in the bitstream ? is it a simple CRC ( the XOR of words ) ?
4
4

Virtex-4 inrush power-on current
I am replacing a V4FX20 chip with a V4FX40 on a board. I am a little bit concerned with the power-on requirements of the bigger chip. The existing core voltage power supply is designed for 1A. The...
13
13

How to arrange these SRL16 in a straight column
Hi, I want to put a column of independent SRL16 in a Virtex 4 xc4vlx15 continuously. For even number, there is no problem. For odd number, I cannot make them continuously even though these SRL16s are...
2
2

Spartan3 "commercial" temperature range
Spartan3 family has two operating temperature options, "commercial" and "industrial". This usually means 0/+70 °C and -40/+85 °C, but in Xilinx case the ranges are actually 0/+85 °C and -40/+100...
5
5

Timing closure problem --- how to make the QII fitter smarter
Hi there, I am trying to get a design passing the timing to run at 622.08MHz clock on a Cyclone III device. All the critical paths has been pipelined so there is only one level of combinational logic...
5
5

PLB Master Example
Hi all, Im building a custom IP that needs to write data to DDR Ram on the XUPV2P board (Virtex 2 Pro). Basically need to dump data from a 16kb BRAM to DDR in burst mode. Data width is 64bits, which...
3
3

V5, EMAC simulation problem, when 4 EMACs are used together (ISE 10.1, ModelSim 6.3d)
Hi there, I wanna use in my design 4 EMACs. I have used CORE Generator to generate 2 Virtex 5 Embedded Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC wrappers 1.4 (each contains 2 EMACs). In fact, they have the same...