Where Do Electronic Designers Go On Vacation?

BC winters are soggy and cold and I'd like to get away. But where to go?

I want warm, blue lively water, sand, topless women and nice spots to hang out to do pcb drafting on the laptop :) Or maybe forget the pcb drafting...I might just get drunk and chase after women.

Any suggestions? Maybe Cuba, Dominique Republic, Hawaii, Mexico, Florida, Thailand, Venezuela other..???

D from BC Amateur smps designer. British Columbia, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Nijmegen. All the kooks are there.

Reply to
krw

Ah.. The Netherlands.. I heard it's the land of many tall women. 5'9" average.

D from BC Amateur smps designer. British Columbia, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

But possibly not topless on the beach this time of year.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

Yes, there are some very tall Dutch Women indeed.

I don't know that any place in Europe would satisfy your desires.

I spent 3 weeks in Tarifa (the most southerly point of Spain) last November/December and though I went into the sea twice, the water was not warm. But then this is to the west of the Straits of Gibraltar where the Mediterranean ends and the Atlantic starts. However it was a lot nicer than England

Reply to
Richard Mullens

Yes, there are some very tall Dutch Women indeed.

I don't know that any place in Europe would satisfy your desires.

I spent 3 weeks in Tarifa (the most southerly point of Spain) last November/December and though I went into the sea twice, the water was not warm. But then this is to the west of the Straits of Gibraltar where the Mediterranean ends and the Atlantic starts. However it was a lot nicer than England

You guys have never heard of the "Land of OZ" ??

Rheilly P

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

--
Rio.
Reply to

Australia. It's going to be summer there in a couple of months, and there are defintiely more topless women on the beaches of Sydney than on the beaches around Nijmegen - there is supposed to be a nudist beach on Rhine somewhere in the area, but the one time I've been past it - on a tourist river-boat trip with some elderly visitors - it was being used by a couple of cows (who weren't wearing any clothes).

Sydney also offers some nice parks in in which to hang out, and some great restaurants.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Goa? Bali?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

St. Maarten - but starting from BC, Tahiti makes more sense, perhaps?

Ecnerwal

GregS

"D from BC" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Aruba, Curaçao?

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

If you enjoy the occasional herbal cigarette, then Thailand, hands down. The girls don't run around naked, although I've heard rumors about Cheng Mai.

Bring along a jug of kaopectate for the acclimatization period. (a day or two. It's _HOT_ there!)

Hey, do you need a guide? I'm available, for a reasonable fee and expenses. ;-D

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

My plane for Buenos Aires leaves tonight, I'll be there in the morning. Going to Patagonia for a few months. Off the grid, so pooter and fone get left behind. Maybe I'll post some photos when I come back. If I come back.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Robinson

Interesting - the airport seems to connect to many places in Nort America, South America & Europe

richard

Unless you speak fluent spanish, don't bother with anything south of Orlando. Unchecked Immigration has become an Invasion.

Then again, strictly speaking, boat people and rickety ad-hoc watercraft would seem to satisfy at least some of your criteria.... :)

Reply to
Mike

I just got back from Virgin Gorda BVI and St. John USVI. Excellent vacation! I also recommend St Lucia.

For topless gals, = Negril Jamaica.

I live in Florida, can only recommend key west, west coast and panhandle beaches. East coast is way too wild.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY

Many folks don't realize there are no ocean beaches in Orlando!

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY

Suppose I wanted to move my corporation? (And my citizenship?) Bahamas'? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Republicans can't call other people ignorant. It's not forbidden, just impractical. Everything stops for five minutes while the non- republicans laugh themselves sick, which really slows things up.

And the formal expansion of "you are yellow-bellied" is "you are sufficiently well-informed about the situation to perceive down-sides of which I'm not aware".

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman