Modern version(s) of CA3086?

I'm assuming that arrays like the CA3086 aren't used much anymore (due to lack of availability), but yet there must be some demand for parts like these.

Other than the NTE912 part, is there a modern part that hobbiests should mess with today?

I don't have any particular application in mind at the moment, other than to try out some text book op-amp like designs (on a rainy day).

Snark.

Reply to
Charmed Snark

CA3127 is a higher frequency array still used in a couple of applications I know of. CA3083 is similar too.

Old-stock CA3046's are available from the hobbyist suppliers like Jameco etc. despite the fact that AFAIK they haven't been made for a while. The last batch I bought from Jameco had date codes from the

70's.

Not bipolar, but CD4007's are the moral equivalent in CMOS and are still widely available.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

You can get lots of better arrays, e.g. the Intersil HFA3046. I'm using one of those in a current design.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

Phil Hobbs expounded in news:U6idndPAaosWilfXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

Thanks guys. I am glad to see there is still ample choice. I normally don't do much CMOS stuff, but I may have some guitar pedal applications for the CD4007's for switching on/off bypass.

Snark.

Reply to
Charmed Snark