New Year Resolutions for Electronic Designers

For 2007 I'm going to:

  • Not blow up anymore mosfets
  • Avoid making insignificant design improvements
  • Make better documentation
  • Don't trust spice for everything
  • Make sure I'm not reinventing the wheel
  • Avoid really cool experiments that are not profitable
  • Get some better test equipment
  • Avoid using the most expensive parts for prototypes
  • Stop making EMI noncompliant power supplies
  • Avoid trial and error design
  • Avoid rushing through a design and making crap
  • Backup my computer more often
  • Avoid releasing a product until it's completely tested And
  • Spend more time on electronics and less time with the girlfriend :) .. like that's gonna happen..

I'd like to know what designers plan to change for the new year..

D from BC

About 180° from that...

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

Spend less time with electronics and more time on the girlfriend?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

--
"it\'s the network..."                          "The Journey is
the reward"
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
D from BC

Agreed!

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

How about, spend more time with the girlfriend, using her to experiment with your new electronic toys!

Real Programmers Do things like this.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jamie

I do my best designs when my pleasure sensors have been thoroughly stimulated ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Precisely.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

I'm going to follow the French

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Geeky? So, how often do you have the urge to bite the head off a live chicken?

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Congratulations, by 2008 you will officially no longer be an electronics designer!

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones