Where Do Electronic Designers Go On Vacation?

Somebody made a real Oz?

D from BC Amateur smps designer. British Columbia, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

I figure I can save money by picking a warm latitude closest to BC. huhh.. weather research time..

D from BC Amateur smps designer. British Columbia, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Yeah.. it's west and down south from BC. Tahiti certainly has that aqua marine super blue water.

After some googling is seems everything is expensive in Tahiti.. I might have to bring my own 100ft extension cord to keep the laptop juiced on the beach.. :P

D from BC Amateur smps designer. British Columbia, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Warm beach location in the coming few months, as in much warmer than San Francisco is in August (which is fairly chilly), has cost not correlating well with distance from BC.

San Diego has notably mild climate, though in warmer times of the year barely becomes "warmish" as far as beach weather goes.

Key West is a warm place, but I suspect to be expen$ive.

Acapulco appears to me to be warmer and less expen$ive than San Diego.

Cancun appears to me to have climate and weather similar to those of Key West, slightly warmer than even Key West in wintertime, and likely to be less expen$ive.

If you are a citizen or legal resident of Canada, then it appears to me that you can legally visit Cuba for a vacation. Climate there apears to me to be like that of Key West, except with winters slightly warmer. And I have some friends in Canada, one of which vacationed in Cuba in wintertime a few years ago, with low $$$ cost for extreme luxury.

Specific to probability of hurricanes in southeast USA, Carribean and Gulf-of-Mexico areas for the remainder of the "Greater North Atlantic"

2009 hurricane season: Probability is reduced for the remainder of this hurricane season by an El Nino. Please keep in mind that this only means that hurricane risk in "greater North Atlantic" hurricane-prone areas is lower than average for time of year - not reduced to zero.

Furthermore, the El Nino increases hurricane risk in northern hemisphere East Pacific hurricane-prone areas, including Acapulco, until after "end of hurricane season", which officially ends with the end of November.

However, I see risk of hurricanes in tropical northeast Pacific even during a moderate El Nino to be a low risk to Mexico's west coast after November 10 or 15 or so. (No warranty!)

Don Klipstein

Yikes my geography is bad. Aruba...just off Venezuela. Now that's another place that I haven't noticed pop up among a list of vacation packages..

D from BC Amateur smps designer. British Columbia, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

I've heard things..and a guide might be useful. For example.. 'Don't eat that.. That'll make you sick.' 'Don't drink that.. That'll make you sick'

D from BC Amateur smps designer. British Columbia, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

I want my feet in the warm blue water and my hands on a mouse. :)

D from BC Amateur smps designer. British Columbia, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Dunno ..But it reminds me of ... Arthur C Clarke immigrated to Sri Lanka in 1956 cause he liked scuba diving.

D from BC Amateur smps designer. British Columbia, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Thailand is not so bad food-wise. I've never gotten sick (unlike Mexico). Maybe Rich could help you with things like... don't leave with "her"..

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

The man in the Mirror?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Oh, the food is real enough - but they're honest enough there that what you shouldn't eat _looks_ like stuff you shouldn't eat, like insects and buffalo chyme and stuff - but they claim that the khai moht dang is delicious. :-)

And as long as you stick to Singha or Amarit, the beer is fine. ;-)

Sawaht-dee, Kahp! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Depends on D's tastes in gender-specificy, I'd guess. The Khautouys can be surprisigly pretty.

And, like that guy said, "What the hell, a BJ's a BJ!" >:->

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Newsgroup Wacko

And isn't "Curaçao" some flavor of booze? Anybody can take a vacation in a bottle with booze. ;-)

Hope This Helps! Rich ;-)

Reply to
Rich the Cynic

There ya go! Spend thousands of dollars to travel thousands of miles to sit in the sand and play solitaire with yourself.

Have Fun! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Cynic

Whaddaya, eleven? By now, don't you realize that there IS NO "warm latitude clos[e] to BC?"

Learn how to operate a parka, learn to enjoy hockey, and go ice fishing. I hear they have awesome walleyes up there. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

No, you dimwit. It's slang for "Australia".

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

There's close in geography, and close as defined by airfares.

Airfares create a surprisingly distorted world. The high Arctic, only a few hours flight, is at least twice as "far" (in dollars) as China, which is 15-20 hours in the air.

Topless ice fishing probably requires a special license.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Ha! I guess one way to avoid American tourists is to vacation in Cuba.

Some flight/vacation websites offer last-minute deals. If I see the vacation package price drop suddenly, I'll certainly be suspicious and check for a hurricane forcast. If I do go somewhere with a hurricane, it's gotta be a BIG If I'm spending >2000 then I want to see cars and buses flying :)

Thanks for the weather wise.. I'll watch out.

D from BC Amateur smps designer. British Columbia, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Yeah but slang depends on the region.

For example: A loonie in Canada means 1 dollar.

D from BC Amateur smps designer. British Columbia, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Whaaaaa... I mean I only want go South..but not too South.. Too South and it starts to get cooler again.

Operate a parka? Do I need a license for that?