OrCad - A nice tool for designing schematics

Hello Friends, Today many of us are using the tool, OrCad for designing their circuit and beginners in this field might find some difficulty where to start with. For all those I recommend you to start with this tutorial. This tutorial is intended for beginners in printed circuit board design who wish to design a Schematics using OrCAD Tool. Experience may also get some new information about it.

Additya

The place to start is with a tool other than OrCAD. *ANY* tool. Just because I'm stuck with the crap is no reason newbs have to be so saddled.

Reply to
krw

The DOS Orcad isn't too bad. The windows version really really sucks and can't be trusted. My co-worker who often says that Windows Orcad is ok just reinstalled it again on friday and lost a couple of days work because it messed up yet again.

Reply to
MooseFET

In my experience Orcad 9.2 is the most stable Windows version.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

And you can't buy it anymore :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Simple solution: buy the lastest version and download version 9.2. 9.2 will read the files & libraries from later versions without any problems.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

Thanks. I didn't know that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

If you use the old DOS SDT386+, versus Capture, you'll be much more productive. SDT has been modernized and now runs in a Windows GUI. No crashes and very efficient.

--
Mark
Reply to

--
Yup!

Over the last 18???  years or so, I\'ve run STD386+ all the way from DOS
through Windows 3.1 and 2Kpro to XP, now, and it\'s flawless.
Reply to
John Fields