what the hell is ROHS

I GUARANTEE Bush has no interest or desire in saying "I told you so" to anybody. You are goofy on that. The most powerful man on the planet never syas such things as it is quite unnecessary.

Were they stockpiles of WMD's? Yes. Were they hidden? Yes. Were they supposed to be destroyed? Yes. Were they? No. More are still being found.

Your scenario is very flawed. More likely, the games being played with inspectors were not as distracting as Saddam had hoped, allowing him less secrecy within which to create more. Instead, he kept what he had until the time came where he could create more (and I would bet we find newer ones yet). In any case, what was the "innocent" reason these wee left behind do you think? Just an oversight? Hardly.

Reply to
Brian

have

be

sand

help

No thanks on the neoliberal dogma.

--
JosephKK
--Schiller

IDIOT !

Reply to
Eeyore

Off hand, I can't think of any occasion when he'd have had the chance to say "I told you so". But even if we assume that Bush is too humble and modest to stoop to such things, there would be plenty of other Americans, along with a few British (such as Blair), who would do it for him.

A few old and decayed remnants of chemical weapons used against Iran does not count as WMDs - simply because there is no way they could cause mass destruction. The term "WMD" has been invented and re-invented repeatedly over recent years as an attempt to find a term scary enough for people to believe it justifies war, yet weak enough to be applicable to the scraps of discarded junk found buried in the desert.

Of course Saddam wanted chemical weapons - and I'm sure he dreamed of having nuclear weapons too. The question is, was he able to make or acquire real weapons of this sort? And the answer is clearly no, not in recent times. He had some chemical weapons from before, from the days when he was best friends with the USA (the enemy of my enemy is my friend). But the controls had been working, despite the difficulties and disagreements. The great majority of the chemical weapons he had were destroyed, along with his nuclear research. All that was left was a few decaying parts of no real danger. This was known before the war - by the international inspection community, and by the American intelligence services (if they had had real evidence, why would they have to fake it?).

People greatly overestimate the dangers of chemical weapons - indeed, the only purpose of having them is to cause fear. It is the threat, forcing your enemy to take precautions like using bulky protective suits, that is effective. Actually using them to kill people, without causing equal or greater damage to your own troops, is very difficult. It is far easier and more efficient to stick to the real WMDs of war - bullets and bombs.

Reply to
David Brown

"Eeyore" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com...

Only the Americans could build a tractor with only 2 wheels and call it a motorcycle!

Reply to
ian field

Harley Davidsons are the best Ride a mile And walk the resr

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Actually, talking of two wheeled tractors - how about the 2.3litre Triumph Trident?! Although its allegedly bloody fast!!!

Reply to
ian field

That's it. Snip the content and make a dumbass reply of your own.

Ian Bell wrote:

You think its ok for some Eurosheep to call for the death of all of the US, but its not ok to respond? You are a real pile of crap. I would laugh if the next missile launched from North Korea finds its way to your home, while you are sleeping.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You're a bit of a sad bugger aren't you ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Depends on your emotional maturity level.

It's OK for anyone to say anything at all that they want to - that's "Freedom of Speech". Remember that, from grammar school civics class?

When you threaten my life, I simply choose not to respond in kind because I'm a better person than that. I might, however, prepare to defend myself, depending on how fanatical you appear to be.

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

No, I just don't have a thing for sheep.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

They're not that difficult - just drop their hind legs down the tops of your wellies so they can't run away.

Reply to
ian field

Have you ever even considered having sex with a live human female?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What makes you think the women I've shagged weren't alive?!

Reply to
ian field

The way you talk so lovingly about your sheep! ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I like sheep too. On a dinner plate nicely roasted !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Never tried it. I hear that its quite greasy meat.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Never had lamb? I was a bit surprised to find that there are people who consider eating goat (Carribean and South Asian cuisine is big on it) and duck (mmm... BBQ duck) odd. Mutton (the old strong tasting stuff) is not to everyone's taste (not to mine, really), but I don't think it's greasy.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I've never talked to anyone around here that liked it, and it was rather expensive compared to other meats that I do like so I never bothered with the expense and work to try it. My left hand is almost useless due to nerve damage so I rarely prepare anything other than simple, quick meals anymore.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I've has curried goat ( traditional 'West Indian' fare ) in a pub in Bristol. It was nice. Goat featured on Channel 4's foodie programme this week and was well received. It's very lean for one thing apparently and tastes much like lamb.

Duck is just plain fabulous of course. I have some in the fridge right now actually.

Lamb needn't be greasy either, it's down to preparation.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore