what the hell is ROHS

carriers

Joint Strike Fighter.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:30:19 +0100, "Ian" Gave us:

The JSF will fit on anything. VTOL.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Weight of aircraft and supplies. Vertical landing, not takeoff with stores.

Regards Ian

Reply to
Ian

"Eeyore" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com...

IIR the original gross tonnage was less than half a Nimitz class. Have you seen one of those ships? We had one come visit the Firth of Forth, it could not even get under the rail and road bridges. Rosyth is upstream of the bridges, so, no, the new carriers are not similar in dimensions.

Regards Ian

Reply to
Ian

Well thank God you ain't in any position to do it!

Reply to
Brian

"Eeyore" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com...

But than the 3rd World, like the EU, would never make it.

Reply to
Brian

"Eeyore" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com...

I have looked into the UK's arsenal. It is said they would most likely blow up thmeselves if they tried to launch one.

Reply to
Brian

Rich, interesting you support the leaders of Iran and North Korea. Are you so similarly afflicted?

Reply to
Brian

Pfffttt !

I suggest you check the rate of the Euro or pound sterling against the US dollar before making any rash statements about 'making it' ! ;~)

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Presumably a problem with those dodgy trident missiles you sold us ???? Never mind, the French make excellent rockets. We'll use them next time around. ;~)

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I think he was simply suggesting something along the lines of " what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander ". The USA is behaving in a somewhat reckless manner in international affairs you know.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

"Eeyore" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com...

Apparently there's a huge display in some large centre of commerce somewhere in the US displaying the country's national debt - it recently ran out of digits!!!

The interest on the US's national debt is probably as much as many EU countries gross income!

Reply to
ian field

"Eeyore" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com...

The French rockets are just as good at blowing up on launch as anyone's! Most people these days go for a Russian launch vehicle.

Reply to
ian field

And yet, we enjoy a much better standard of living here! We have luxuries you don't. like toothpaste....

Reply to
Brian

Interesting times. Being the first Megapower so far ahead of the rest of the world allows new things. Besides, its not that crushing dictators is bad. We can afford it and, well, we aren't cowardly like others. Never will bow to tyrants.

Reply to
Brian

Are those the rockets that drop the "We Surrender!" pamphlets?

Reply to
Brian

We have toothpaste - its the blue laser whitening treatment that's beyond most peoples budget!

Reply to
ian field

Just so long as the troops can halt the advance 'till the TV crews arrive........

Reply to
ian field

You have it? Then why don't you ever use it?

Reply to
Brian

You know, you guys whine alot about us taking out tyrants like Saddam, yelling over and over he had no WMD's, he is just a misunderstood guy. How quiet you are now that they have found those WMD's....

Reply to
Brian