RoHS compliant product.

What is a RoHS compliant product? Or, what is RoHS?

Royal High School?

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

"DIRECTIVE 2002/95/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 January 2003 on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment"

or Restriction of Hazardous Substances for short.

Sander

Reply to
Sander

In sci.electronics.repair on Wed, 07 Sep 2005 23:04:44 +0200 Sander posted:

Thanks a lot.

My brother once asked me what Hazmat meant. That one I knew.

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

RoHS restricts the amount of lead and other hazardous substances in electronic and electromechanical products placed on the market in Europe effective July 1, 2006.

While much media attention has focused on getting the lead (Pb) out of electronic products, RoHS also restricts five other hazardous substances, including mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd), hexavalent chromium (CR6/CR(VI)), polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PDBE).

For more info, visit Allied's RoHS Knowledge Center at:

Roxanne