Re: Digital TV: Why do we have to have it?

It is ??????????? Could have fooled Me !

so you might not notice poor signal quality until you loose the > picture totaly, at least with an analogue signal you can sometimes > still have a watchable picture.

At least with analogue I have a perfect picture. Digital I have a good Picture with bursts of pixeallation, Freezes, audio Drop outs and occasional squaeks

Reply to
Richard Freeman

What channels are your analogue stations on?

Reply to
Who_tat_me

28,10,9,7,2 (Sydney)
Reply to
Richard Freeman

Have you looked at

to see whether you're closer to a set of UHF sites. There are digital transmitter sites at Kings Cross and Manly as well as the original sites that you're probably pointing at. These might provide you with a better picture.

Reply to
Who_tat_me

squaeks, is that a new quantum particle?? ;-)

Seriously though, if you're getting pixellation, you are probably in a fringe area. If you upgraded your antenna to a higher gain, and or upgraded the coax, you would probably get a stable picture and audio.

Reply to
dmm