what the hell is ROHS

We have product made in Taiwan, and now we have stupid lead times whilst the manufacturer deals with some ROHS shit. Shouldn't we be worried about throwing shit into landfill period, instead of worring about a few different materials? LAst i checked soy products were f****ng up our kids more than making shit from lead and cadmium. Why dont we ban soy beans? They are making our boys into girls.

Nope, lets make more greenhouse gasses that f*ck the world up. Hang on, but that is only fiction. Dont smoke ciggarettes, it will kill you, we think. Oil burning is good, it is much better than making a PCB that uses lead. Dont breath you car fumes, you might die, but its ok to put sump oil into land fill.

Fuck me, i think that using lead in solder is the least of our worries. Perhpaps its time we took away power, housing, town water, modern manufacturing, sewers from the greens. Fuck, without tv, paper, radio who is going to know who they are. Do you reckon they beleive the camera thats filming them, the print machine that does the advertising and the computers they use are ROHS compliant???

I wonder if the ROHS website is run on ROHS approved servers and powered from ROHS oil fired power stations..

Reply to
The Real Andy

RoHS = To sell in EU (and Califonia?) products must comply. Ie no lead etc..

It runs on taxpayers money in one way or another I guess :)

Reply to
pbdelete

"a bunch of mindless jerks who'll be the first against the wall when the revolution comes,"

see

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

China just created a RoHS directive too. The starting date is yet unknown, but contrary to the European one, they don't have it selfcontrolled. There you will have to test the stuff in a government approved lab before you can sell it.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Just like the European and Japanese ones, this one is an attempt at backdoor trade restrictions. Unlike the European one, it won't be enforced domestically.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

Thats cuz China wants there huge market in China to buy their own stolen garbage rather than from the rest of the world. They want to limit imports. Hell, in China, they'd be greener if they reduced the population by about

500 million or so.....
Reply to
Brian

They are on that track. They started aborting girl babies decades ago so nature will take it's course.

Reply to
gfretwell

Of course not. Servers are exempt from RoHS compliance, as is telecomms infrastructure equipment, medical equipment...

jrwalliker

You don't seem worried about using slave labour in third world countries so why would you bother about throwing shit in a landfill.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Hell, in China, they'd be greener if they reduced the population

IMHO the USA could benefit from the same.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

That would leave us with about negative 250 million Americans...

Reply to
mc

Now you're catching on......

Reply to
James Beck

Servers are exempted. I expect they want them to continue working for more than a couple of years.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Under WEEE, electronics should't find its way into landfill anyway.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Uh ?

The ppl making electronics in China etc are amongst the bset paid in the general workforce.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Maybe that's what he meant ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Or we could just nuke all of Europe, instead. Then there would be no more Euroweenies, and anti-American whining from the likes of you. IOW, a few dozen multi nuclear warhead missiles, and no more problems.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You'd get nuked back of course. A compelling reason for the UK to keep its independent deterrent.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

So, its ok for some asshole in Europe to call for the death of everyone in the US, but not the opposite? Just what I thought. Just remember you are all crammed into tiny countries while we have lots of wide, open spaces.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Indeed, as Emmanuel Todd wrote in _Après l'Empire_, Europe needs to maintain and improve it's nuclear strike capability. You never know.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany