OT: US Election Question from Europe

Can you be a little more specific? I don't recall the Scepter-gate incident.

What you call "ignoring" is by the constitution, defining what is constitutional. I'll agree the SCOTUS seems to rule badly sometimes, but I bet we don't agree on which cases those are.

I think it was a mistake to rule for eminent domain for economic development. I think it was a mistake to certify civil forfeiture. I think it was a mistake to rule that companies are "people" for the purpose of campaign contributions. How about you?

As to the origin of the bill for Obamacare, I expect the suit against it did not raise that point. Maybe they should sue again based on that point of law? That would certainly create chaos if it were enforced. Likely I would guess the SCOTUS would rule this is an issue in the Congress and once signed into law it is too late to do anything about it, but maybe not. You can sue over this issue. Go for it!

--

Rick
Reply to

Oh I don't know. Sounds tough but fair.

Reply to
Julian Barnes

What, shooting your neighbors?

--

Rick
Reply to

Hey, this guy found one of your old girl friends.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Yep, I aims to please >:-} ...Jim Thompson

So you're saying that if the courts don't rule on something that it's legal? You really are a nutcase.

Reply to
krw

The target audience would seem to be equally psychopathic right-wing nut ca ses. S.e.d isn't short of them. This is, of course, distinct from that part of t he audience who might feel themselves to be potential targets of Jim's psyc hopathic impulses, who are aware that psychopaths don't choose their target s all that rationally or predictably.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

No reason do be so hard on yourself, AW.

Reply to
JW

MentallyDeficientLoserNumeroUno s**ts from his mouth yet again. ...Jim Thompson

It was interesting to see the explanation by Michael Bloomberg about him abandoning his plan to run as a third party candidate.

The problem with his plan was that he would have gained a lot of votes from moderate Democrats and moderate Republicans, but there are a lot more moderate Democrats than moderate Republicans, so he would have been taking a lot of votes away from Clinton, guaranteeing a Trump or Cruz victory in November. Now the moderate Republicans are either going to have to not vote at all, or vote for Clinton, because there is no way that they would vote for Trump or Cruz.

In a Clinton versus Trump match-up, Clinton will likely win. A Clinton-Cruz match-up is a toss-up because Cruz is slightly less odious than Trump to mainstream Republicans, but only slightly.

Personally, I think Trump is less odious than Cruz since a) he is pro-choice, b) he favored the nuclear deal with Iran, c) he is not an evangelical Christian, d) he admitted that George W. Bush lied regarding WMDs, e) he supported amnesty and the Dream Act.

When running for the Republican nomination you have to pander to the psychopathic right-wing nut cases and evangelicals. Trump has done this better than any other candidate, but if you look at his history, he doesn't actually believe any of garbage he's spewing.

Trump has also had a lot of praise for Hillary:

"I know Hillary and I think she?d make a great president."

He also praised her performance as Secretary of State, and all the experts agree that she was one of the best Secretary of States in modern U.S. history.

Some people insist that the Clintons recruited Trump to run to stop any electable moderate Republican from winning the Republican nomination. This seems far-fetched, but it's still inconceivable that any voters other than the psychopathic right-wing nut cases and evangelicals would vote for Trump in November.

Reply to
sms

Hey, how is that business venture of yours coming along?

lunatic fringe electronics

But the numbers don't lie, eh? There must be a *lot* of right-wing nut cases out there...

No, it's not just the nut jobs that are voting for Trump. But mostly it is the less educated who listen to his words without hearing what he is saying... nothing. The video I posted a link to shows pretty clearly how his way of speaking that is attracting voters more so than what he is saying.

--

Rick
Reply to

Hillary is even worse. At least there is hope the the clown doesn't actually mean everything he says, but you can be certain that Clinton does not mean a word she says.

Reply to
JM

So with Hillary you are afraid she doesn't mean all that she says and with Trump you are afraid that he might?

--

Rick
Reply to

The Republican professional politicians (aka "establishment") are guaranteeing Hillary's election by sand-bagging Trump. ...Jim Thompson

So, technically, it should have been "look backward." ;-) In the Roman empire the most senior political positions had no wages assigned.

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

On Tue, 08 Mar 2016 09:18:39 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

I spoke the truth. You are the one who constantly talks out your ass.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Tue, 08 Mar 2016 08:37:47 -0800, John Larkin Gave us:

The Chief engineer is in California all week performing a field demo.

I built the test bed and he bought a SLA battery from Fry's when he got there.

All I had to do is cut the one off we used in the lab and provide a few new tie-wraps with which to attach the new one.

The amp/xmitter runs on 12V, and the receiver runs off of and is controlled by the laptop's USB.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Tue, 08 Mar 2016 10:32:49 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

Only because America is 98% full of Twilight Zone total retards who actually believe the dumbfuck could implement even a single claim.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Must be common ground, you seem to practice that vary well.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook