OT: US Election Question from Europe

Oh Youtube and the internet, I forgot, If its on the internet it has to be true..

what a screw ball.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

So he is also the consummate politician too, right? Too bad we have so many politicians in politics. It would be nice to have some leaders instead.

--

Rick
Reply to

There's not much point in discussing politics with Jim. He has an opinion that is as solid as granite and will never waver. Everyone else is dead wrong or he will be happy to make them "dead" wrong.

--

Rick
Reply to

The balance of the Supreme Court is about to be changed, though, if Mr. Obama gets his way. Then he'll be able to do what the hell he likes during his final months in office.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

What frightens the right is that no one knows what he stands for or what he'll do. Best guess is that he's just another big government statist. ...and as you point out not much of a Constitutionalist (but the last part is redundant).

They've been promised a lot and received nothing.

I disagree. It'll take a sea change to make things right. It's taken a couple of generations to screw things up, it's not going to get better overnight (if ever).

Reply to
krw

Some have been, dumbass.

Reply to
krw

After all, it worked out *so* well when LBJ did it.

Reply to
krw

Just so - hence my last sentence!

Unfortunately he is not the only "offender" in this group.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I have learned a few things about politics here, but not from the likes of JT. All in all politics is a sad business, not really because of the politicians... they are simply what they have to be to get elected. But because so many of us believe the crap the politicians spew without giving it enough thought or even trying to check to see if they are lying to us. At least some of the posts here make me dig a bit and verify some of the info.

--

Rick
Reply to

"waver" ??? Which hand?

I can find no engineering-level contribution from one "", so you be bye-bye. ...Jim Thompson

On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 13:35:25 -0500, M Philbrook Gave us:

You're an abject idiot.

As if you knew anything about Trump that was actually true. You probably believe his bullshit claim of being worth $10 billion.

You are about as dumb as it gets.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 16:22:46 -0500, rickman Gave us:

Yes. That is what his idiot followers seem to miss. He is exactly what he claims to be "getting rid of".

He is also, by his own admission, one of the idiots who used to pay them off for "control" of their actions.. You know.... bribery.

I think he should be down at GITMO on bread and water and one ten minute visit a week from his ONE lawyer. And ONE visit every two months from ONE family member.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Here you go, Bill. Enlighten yourself for once about the Clintons and Obama (Jim, you will enjoy this item too... ;->)

Cursitor Doom

If there's anyone with the designator "downright ignorant", it's Bill Slowman. Don't feed the troll. ...Jim Thompson

If that struck you as enlightening, you don't seem to have much of a feel for plausibility.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Says Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality_Thompson. He's not dumb, but he is terminally ill-informed, and fond of his comforting delusions.

His kinder critics think he's making a joke when he threatens to shoot his less right-wing neighbours - after the US falls apart - but it wouldn't be a particularly funny joke if it he was joking, and it is distinctly psychopathic.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Ignoring the fact that the Senate has to ratify treaties and generally thinking his pen and phone are like a sceptre.

Because the court usually ignores the Constitution 5 to 4. Claiming that Obamacare is constitutional because it's a tax is a big lie. But tax bills have to originate in the House and it came from the Senate, so then it's unconstitutional for that reason. They simply ignore it.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Whether some or most have to be replaced, I think you'll agree that the public has to be behind specific policies to make anything change. They rarely know what they want specifically. They only know what they're against. That's the base of support for Trump who also knows what he's against.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

You're right. That was a comparison of an annual number with a cumulative number.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

The Supreme count is the final arbiter of constitutionality, but not the only arbiter. Any court can rule on this issue. Anyone can bring a suit. I guess all of Obama's detractors have no confidence they can win so no one sues?

--

Rick
Reply to