OT: US Election Question from Europe

Almost 500k so it looks right.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I'm guessing that most establishment Republicans are invested in the same big-government, big-money, Wall-Street-funded, influence peddling business that most Democrats are engaged in. They don't want to simplify anything, offend illegal immigrants, clean up the tax code, do anything fundamental... just fiddle around the edges and make things more complex and less efficient. President Trump might make fundamental changes in things, and that frightens the Left and the Right.

lunatic fringe electronics

A statistic from where... Hillary's State Department?

One of the sons-in-law was chief prosecutor for Yuma County for 25 years, was elected presiding judge 2 years ago.

He notes that 4 out of 5 births in Yuma County hospitals are "anchor babies".

Fortunately Sheriff Joe presents an unpleasant environment for illegals, so they rapidly depart Arizona and end up in places like New York ;-)

I amused myself when I was working on Long Island, 2011-2012, by speaking (Mexican) Spanish to the maids at Extended Stay America... scared the piss out of them >:-} ...Jim Thompson

I saw a video clip where he introduced Trump and as Trump walked to the microphone you could here him say to Cristie, ?Get in the plane and go home. It's over there. Go home." WTF was that about??? Christie seems a bit stunned and obediently walked off in the direction Trump pointed.

--

Rick
Reply to

"He appears to be espousing traditional, core conservative views which have resonated with huge numbers of voters." No, he is talking trash and is saying he will and should do things that are not only unreasonable, but likely not legal. That is why 100,000 Brits have signed a petition to not allow him in the country.

--

Rick
Reply to

** The number is up to 580,000 plus now.

Pointless gesture really, the poms would just love Trump to fly over, appear on national TV and be made the butt of barbed & hilarious jokes.

Producing his birth certificate the PROVE he was not the offspring of a orangutan is a good place to start ...

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Oh, I see. Well I've only got the political analysts from Sky News to go by and Sky here is Fox in the US so maybe they're cleaning up his image for him? They certainly seem to be portraying him as the new Messiah.

Well then they're morons. If Trump's ideas don't hold water, they should be exposed, not censored. People will wonder why they're not being allowed to hear what Trump has to say for themselves so banning him might rebound badly on the petitioners - and serves 'em right if it does!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

...but that's not the "liberal" way.

Reply to
krw

Close to 50% of the population of the USA think we should censor anything that might offend them or otherwise hurt their feelings.

We call them Democrats >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Trump's ideas have been exposed in the UK, which is why a whole lot of Brit s don't want him let into the country. Nobody is bothering to censor his ou tput - it's the fact that it's repugnant that puts a lot of Brits off.

The prat gets a lot of newspaper and TV cover here, and presumably no less in the UK (which takes a lot more interest in UK politics than the US takes in UK politics). Cursistor Doom seems to get his media coverage from Sky N ews, which the TV equivalent of the gutter press. The UK does have better q uality news media.

Keeping Trump out of the UK is not censorship - merely distaste.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Jim has also posted that the media are totally left wing, with the implication that their output should be checked for bias - presumably by right-wing nitwits like Jim, and not released to the public until the bias is decidedly right-wing.

That wouldn't be censorship - at least not from Jim's point of view.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

What fraction of the British population is that?

lunatic fringe electronics

I bet it is mostly ex-Mexicans.

Reply to
tom

Those squishy Europeons should mind their own business.

lunatic fringe electronics

Not much. But what a lot of people don't know is that there was a counter- petition demanding Trump be allowed *in* which got enough signatures to be debated, too. Of course they were both nonsense, because there was never any serious suggestion that Trump would be banned from entry in the first place.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I can vouch for the fact that LI is much differnt than it was 30 years ago. And it not for the better.

Martin Riddle

As far as i am concerned, the wino down the street or the lifer in solitary would be far better as presidents that (may i swear) Hillary.

Reply to
Robert Baer

That's a shame. I really enjoyed reading the wonderful descriptions of it in the Great Gatsby. Are the ash heaps still there?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Urgh! Dreadful woman.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

On Sat, 5 Mar 2016 16:52:27 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom Gave us:

Not true. The retarded bastard is dangerous and represents a real security problem.

Scotland should be looking to put his retarded, bribe paying ass in prison. The problem is that they would have to point a few fingers at a few of their own as well for taking the bribes.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno