OT: US Election Question from Europe

So vote for Hillary... _IF_ you're actually a US citizen and not a moron Europeon. ...Jim Thompson

No, it's ostracism. Censorship wouldbe banning the stuff he says.

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

I think building a lot of public housing and providing food stamps is the cheapest option to dealing with the economic inequality that is starting to conjure up instability.

Reply to
sean.c4s.vn

cheapest option to dealing with the economic inequality that is starting t o conjure up instability.

Perhaps, but it's not going far enough.

Once you've stopped the unemployed potential workers from dying of exposure and starving to death, it's worth investing in universal health care to st op them from dying prematurely of slower-acting problems.

Then you might as well keep them occupied getting educated and trained so t hat they can fill some of the jobs that you can't fill at the moment.Once y ou've got them into productive work they won't have time to conjure up any instability, though the people who are paying extra taxes to cover the cost s of the services that minimise the instability may get a bit restless.

That is the Scandinavian model. The Germans take it a bit further - more of their population has some kind of tertiary qualification (including trade certificates for apprenticeships successfully completed) than any other cou ntry. It is often brought forward to explain why they export more per head than a nybody else.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Sat, 5 Mar 2016 13:15:38 -0800 (PST), Lasse Langwadt Christensen Gave us:

Bullshit.. Period. He was not censored. He is being considered for a penalty for the stupid shit he has said. An entirely different thing,. dumbfuck.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 5 Mar 2016 20:04:15 -0500, M Philbrook Gave us:

You are joking.

He is a business failure.

His landlord rental collection practices are what has accumulated. NONE of his business ventures have been successes.

He got his start from a daddy gift.

You have no clue.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 5 Mar 2016 17:06:16 -0800 (PST), Lasse Langwadt Christensen Gave us:

snip

The guy is a retard.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

It frightens the left among Democrats and the left among Republicans. What frightens the right among Republicans is that Trump's notion of change is not much better, or much more Constitutional, than Obama's.

Obama has made fundamental changes and he did it by ignoring the Constitution. Making fundamental changes the right way, the legal way, requires changing some of the people in Congress. The public wants a quick fix, as if they can do it with one election because they can't form a coherent idea in their heads and hold on to it for a while.

But not that many in Congress have to be replaced, because the most important thing is for the public to be behind the right policies. We had an upturn when they were behind Reagan's policies and again when they were behind Newt's. Right now people only know what they're against and not what they're for, and they aren't behind anything but the vague notion of 'change' that gave us Obama.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 04:56:51 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso" Gave us:

The true culprit in the decline of the American economy is the medical community and the insurance 'industry'.

And this can be proven with basic statistics for their wages and parent company profits.

There is also a lot of fraud involved and the US (and state) gov boys do not want to do anything about it because it represents revenue and that gets taxed.

Mo money, mo money... for them, and less for us.

That and the goddamned power companies.

Grocery chains have recently bitten the greedy bastard apple of knowledge as well.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

The idea was to allow lower income groups to keep more of whatever income t hey can earn by protecting them from property speculation (by building low cost housing on public land) and to some degree assisting them with food st amps. That idea is not just for the US there are plenty of countries in Eu rope and in fact Israel that have destabilizing problems with an increasing number of low paid people in the service sector. One clear sign of that is decreasing productivity in the US despite rising employment levels. You ne ed to find the lowest cost way to alleviate the pressures those people face or they will start voting in irresponsible ways. I don't really have an issue with income inequality as such, but I do think people who are working full time in a fully industrialized country should be able to provide basic meals to their children, for example. Otherwise t hey would essentially be better off living in a stable subsistence agricult ure society.

Reply to
sean.c4s.vn

What changes did Obama make that were unconstitutional? If they are unconstitutional why do you think they won't be stopped by the court?

--

Rick
Reply to

On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 09:58:09 -0500, rickman Gave us:

The supreme court only weighs issues which are brought before it. They do not go a huntin' and a peckin'.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

For an interesting and well-considered view of the Trump phenomenon, have a look at:

I would be very surprised if it changed any entrenched views. Judging by the quality of the discussion in this group, I suspect only those that are at a distance will be able to read it dispassionately.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Quite the hatchet job Rolling Stone did on McCain back in '08.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

One major flaw: Capitalism has not failed... those seeking a free lunch have over-run our universities and are now seeking to ru(i)n the country. ...Jim Thompson

Viewpoints differ, and different viewpoints can be equally valid. But there's little point in trying to discuss it with you, so I won't.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

So why did you bother with this extra blather ?>:-}

Ah, I see, you're part of the twisted types taking over the (y)uk. ...Jim Thompson

An example of the sickness oozing across the USA...

BTW: I'm an atheist, who believes strongly in religious freedom... and gun rights >:-} ...Jim Thompson

You are going to find out one day there are a lot more people that think on Trumps behalf than you can shake a stick at. At least the man speaks his mind and does not hind it.

Having one that does not kind of leaves you with less to go on.!

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Also, he is a fake-ass chameleon who says one thing to the conservative base, but quite another when he's hanging around the New York City "liberal elite" that he purports to despise and chumming with them at their cocktail parties.

And why wouldn't he like them? He's a New Yorker through and through - he wouldn't have a half-dozen skyscrapers there with his name on them if he weren't "in" with that crowd.

He is a consummate hustler, who will gladly act the part of whatever role is required of him to get what he wants.

Reply to
bitrex