Europe and AC

I think that the AC in Europe is 220. Can't I just wire up something from the outlet like oneside and the ground for 110 VAC. Thanks Rick

Reply to
trickyrick

"trickyrick"

** No.

That will still give you 220 volts - in Europe.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

No. You need a stepdown transformer.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming' sheep.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Nope. Their voltage is 230 to ground/neutral. Our 240 is (usually)

120-N-120.

John

Officially it's 230.

That's not to say you might not find 220 too and as much as 253 in parts of the UK.

Committees you know.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

The AC standard in Europe is 230 Volt 50 Hz now.

Reply to
Ken

But with wide tolerances. It was a paper agreement only (initially).. Some new supplies are genuinely 230V.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore