Drawing Pen Graphics Tablet

Drawing Pen Graphics Tablet:

Anyone used this and/or have comments...

...Jim Thompson

Never heard of them. Wacom bamboo sure is cheaper.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

On Amazon, it looks like they are a few dollars of each other.

Have you used the Wacom unit? ...Jim Thompson

The Apple Pro with its amazing pencil appears to be best for making drawings.

Traces appear immediately exactly under the pencil. Zoom works for high detail. The drawings can be arbitrarily large.

But I'm a fan of 0.5mm HB lead & paper, so I'm waiting for the next rev to buy.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Is it better than the MS Surface? The stylus on that is pretty good (plus it runs Windows apps). At least it seems good playing with it at the store.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

never used it. Looks chinese cheap and fake. I use a Wacom tablet. They're tried and true, and have been for decades.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

On Mon, 7 Mar 2016 18:17:06 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader Gave us:

+1
Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I've used a few Wacoms. They're relatively good consumer grade, ISTR they a lso do pro grade under another name.

Good: USB connector supported on 3 sides but not on 4th. (I think newer ones are directly wired in.) Lack of 4th side support meakes them vulnerable to dama ge if not used on a desk or used near the desk edge. Great support, linux, win, etc, unlike other makes Work well

The downsides are really common to any graphics pad: Misplace that pen once and you'll be without it for who knows how long

Beware of Wacom's baby pads that only cover part of the screen, I hate the thing. Half the time you want to go somewhere and run out of pad space, and have to make the approved flicking gesture, no that's not good enough try again, then you can go there. Repeat the next time etc. Horrid. OTOH I know someone that has one and likes it.

Also I wouldn't buy the big ones. 7" or so of working surface is just right . Bigger really adds nothing but twice the arm waving.

Always keep the mouse for backup! You will need it. Graphics pads aren't th e perfect answer, but overall they beat mice.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr