OT: Intermittent PC Rebooting Problem

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 06:01:33 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell" Gave us:

Toy? You're an idiot. NOT a big deal. In fact, you are petty, at best.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

I didn't think you had any.

Linux

You just know me so well, don't you? What embedded system experience are you talking about? I wrote assembler for mainframes, nothing embedded about that. My embedded experience comes from my hobby tinkerings. Just because I can do more than one thing is no reason for you to be jealous.

What part of proper English is copytard?

So your life is set to the theme of a cartoon?

Have you ever written any code at all?

have

Let's see the pics.

Did it ever occur to you that, maybe, it's not the rest of the world that is retarded.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:32:54 GMT, "Anthony Fremont" Gave us:

You don't think. You are a f****ng idiot.

Just like your above remark about me, RETARD!

I already told you in a previous post Wireless A/V transceivers used by aircraft carriers and police, among others.

Good for you.

That still doesn't mean you know anything about PC operating systems, or the hardware they run on. It also doesn't show any experience in electronics. Your recent remarks actua;;t show that your electronic experience hovers near nil.

Hahahahaha... You are an idiot. There is nothing to be jealous of, dipshit.

It is a word like smog. smoke and fog. Copytard. COPY RETARD.

Can you really be that clueless?

You're an idiot, boy. No inflection needed. I figured it was over your head.

I have been speaking in code to you. Yet you still don't get it. Maybe plain english will work... FUCK OFF.

FUCK OFF.

You keep making stupid remarks about reality, then you make even more retarded remarks about what YOU think reality is like. You are an idiot.

I notice that your retarded ass didn't make any remarks about the stupid CRAP you spewed about power supplies or electronic component behavior. I think we are seeing a trend here.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

last

(or

when

or

they

Thanks for the support but he won't listen, I'm surprised that he hasn't start spewing insults in your direction.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

possible).

What did I just say? But just like watches, it depends upon the individual situation.

I'm thinking that you don't even need to post to do it.

Two people (besides myself) have already told you that low voltage caps don't usually short when they fail.

Now, technically (that's without using insults) explain how that statement was wrong.

the

A quality power supply can tell the difference between a heavy load and a short. Is that not right?

I forgive you Roy.

Now tell me exactly what is required to be a "professional" by your estimation.

After you've spent nearly three decades working with computers, you might be qualified to speak about them. PKB Roy.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

guaranteed

I'll try to remember that the next time one of my customers is singing encomiums and adding a tip to the bill.

I shudder to think what you've cost them already. But shopping on e-bay was a viable alternative. I take it that there was no rush to get it running again.

Must not be much of a work horse then.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

"new about it"? See you are confusing two seperate incidents as one.

Most of that stuff happened in 2002-2003. That had to do with bad chemistry.

Now there is a new problem. It apparently involves a respected company over-filling their caps. Here you go, I hope you can read:

See, that's a very current article.

Yet again you amaze me. Can't you read.

See the links above.

See the links above.

Isn't it possible that high-voltage and low-voltage failures differ?

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

last

(or

when

they

This is English. They refers to the motherboards, not the caps.

As usual, no technical response.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

I have my original Win2K CD.

The error message IS a hardware fault, from the hex dump. I haven't figured out what it is though.

Already tried with a brand-new PSU... no improvement

No, it will still drop out.

I have the HD running on another machine right now thru a USB adapter and it reads OK, so I'm presently backing up.

...Jim Thompson

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:48:06 GMT, "Anthony Fremont" Gave us:

You are both idiots. Do you think that a cap that has bulged or a cap that explodes did so at high impedance? Bwuahahahahahahaha!

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

You need a hexdump program - run from a dos box.

Try this one - I wrote it back in 1992, using Turbo Pascal. Might not work for files with long filenames...

onehappymadman

Yep, that's a long file name (Mini031306-13.dmp). Rename to say mini.dmp, run "fd" from a dos box and follow the prompts.

What file? mini.dmp H.ex or C.haracters? c then hit 1, then "n"

good luck!

- Mike

Reply to
onehappymadman

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:00:25 GMT, "Anthony Fremont" Gave us:

You're an idiot, and now it appears that you cannot even do basic addition.

EL caps that have been overvoltaged bulge or burst (read explode) and do so at a VERY low ESR.

Once blown, they MAY be open, but the event that caused the cap to fail was a high current in a low impedance pathway. So they FAIL as the result of a shorting condition, but upon failure they typically read open.

Your lesson for today in BASIC electronic is now concluded.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:00:25 GMT, "Anthony Fremont" Gave us:

Writing some code doesn't make you a technician, dipshit. Telling someone to go buy a new power supply before he has even diagnosed hie problem is about as retarded as it gets, dumbass.

Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:05:40 GMT, "Anthony Fremont" Gave us:

It was a five year old motherboard asshole, and it came two days later on ebay. This is AFTER they called me into the shop to fix the dead machine, and after a PCB layout tech had the same retarded mindset you had, and wasted several hundred dollars of expensive company time trying to replace a set of caps, when that was nowhere near all that was wrong. ALL the LV regulators on the MOBO were also fried. The CPU was the root cause.

You're a f****ng retard, boy. That's all there is too it.

I would say that maybe one day you will get a clue, but even that premise is out the window with your backward thinking ass.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:05:40 GMT, "Anthony Fremont" Gave us:

You're an idiot. It isn't about what it does. It is about it being there when it is needed to do what it does.

A concept that in one of your future lives you might get.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:10:41 GMT, "Anthony Fremont" Gave us:

Funny. Our firm has been buying nichicon caps for years and never had a problem

Perhaps it is the fact that the MOBO maker buys the cheapest caps they make, and they are OUTSIDE the design parameters for the circuit they are putting them in.

We buy ALL 104 degree C caps, and design in the right cap for the job.

Never seen a problem, even on very old caps from the parts bin. Our stuff gets VERY rigorously tested as well. Environmental extremes, etc. etc. etc... all the way down the line.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:10:41 GMT, "Anthony Fremont" Gave us:

You likely do not even know what the highest voltage EL caps are.

An OVERVOLTAGE on an EL cap... ANY EL cap has the SME effect on the cap. The key is that the voltage applied was higher than the cap was designed to have expressed on its terminals. The result is always the same. The ONLY difference is when one of the terminations on the cap opens. In THAT case, there would be no bulging or popping.

Don't even think about coming back with a post where you don't know what a "popped" EL cap is. It will only further prove your ignorance and lack of knowledge in the arena.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:11:43 GMT, "Anthony Fremont" Gave us:

Yes, it is english. YOU said THEY have leaking caps, and THOSE motherboards (your precious they) are in that set.

And NO, the motherboards do not "work perfectly" or the caps wouldn't be bulging, dumbass.

Pretty simple english.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:23:09 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

If it is hardware, the Knoppix disk will show it. If the Knoppix disk runs, then it is likely to be another one of Billy's OS failures.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs