OT: Ghostscript, won't install

One day when a really, really big computer monitor comes out at a decent price, like a 50-incher, I might try it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yep. The "late" software was not installed properly :-) ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
           Otherwise the dogs will refuse to eat them :)

There already are wide format monitors...

But I opted for two VA912b's side-by-side (19" diag, std format), so I can view schematics and PSpice output simultaneously. ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
           Otherwise the dogs will refuse to eat them :)

Do you have a basement? Time for a man cave? -->

Time for a shed?

Turn that pool into a underground storage locker? :-)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Some of those are truly hardcore. I have a "semi" man cave, there's a pool table downstairs.

Would be nice but not space. The property is 1/2 acre but all landscaped and very rocky.

Sometimes I am really tempted to do that. The pool is so much work, global warming fails to happen, summers become ever shorter and so we use it very little compared to 10 years ago. If we had to hunt for a house again out here the first item on the wish list would be "no pool".

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Never felt a need for a man cave.

I've been working at home since 1973.

If anything, my office has become the congregating place for just general chit-chat.

Matter of fact, my wife is sitting across the desk from me, as I type, doing needlepoint.... and watching O'Reilly, Hannity and Greta ;-)

For TV movies we'll adjourn to the Great Room and the big screen TV.

We recorded "Pillars of the Earth" and are working our way thru that. ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
           Otherwise the dogs will refuse to eat them :)

No really big ones yet it seems. Wish they had them sorted by size. But I'll catch it, I regularly walk the 'puter aisle at Costco.

That's a good setting. I have two computers at a slight angle.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I get the impression that the WAF of, e.g., your closest shelf full of keyboards might be higher than it would be with Joerg's wife... ;-)

Cool, I hadn't heard of that.

Although my wife and I are waiting for "Capirca" to return. :-)

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Not familiar with that one.

We're also recording "Rubicon".

We have a TIVO-like cable box... quite handy. You can even pause live programming and take a potty break ;-) ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
           Otherwise the dogs will refuse to eat them :)

in

for

No, it doesn't. There can be a lot of reasons for crashes, from failing hardware to not enough RAM.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I still miss my HP CRT monitor that did 2048 * 1536. This monitor is only 1440 * 900.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

We watched it. That sort of program is really my wife's thing, though.

Haven't heard of either.

That's the *only* thing I like about DISH. The cable box can record two things while watching a third (recorded - only two tuners). DISH really sucks as a service so I'd dump it in a heartbeat if anything else were available.

Reply to
krw

I found the opposite. I find CAD on an LCD to be *much* better than a tube. The perfect geometry beats any other deficiencies hands-down. I'm lobbying for bigger displays at work (they're cheap).

Reply to
krw

I think they've reached their practical limits now. I can see a 24" monitor at a decent distance without moving my head. Any bigger will either go further away (a waste of space) or one will have to move one's head to see the entire screen (fatigue). Ok, maybe 30". ;-)

Reply to
krw

At work I have two 20" 1280x1024 LCD monitors. I like bigger. Here at home I have my 15" laptop (1680x1050) and a 24" external (1920x1200). I'd really like two of the 24" monitors (I have a Dell 21" next to it) but the laptop doesn't want to drive two external monitors. I've tried a graphics card in the dock but it doesn't work. :-( The 24" monitor cost me $270 three years ago. For the money it's been a great monitor. If the laptop could drive it I would have bought a second.

Reply to
krw

in

for

So you mean they even screwed up the auto-install routine? Now that would really be pathetic, wouldn't it?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

in

for

Then s'plain this: All other SW works fine, even simulators which occasionally use _all_ available RAM plus paging onto the hard drive.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

in

for

So how do you explain why my Acrobat never crashes?

It just occurs to me... Using Adobe Reader v4 to try and read v7 will sometimes cause an error message and closure, but nothing locks up. ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
           Otherwise the dogs will refuse to eat them :)

wrote in

for

As I said before, maybe you are a more patient user than I am.

That's what I have a lot as well. You have a dozen docs open because you are working on a project, open #13 ... POOF ... Acrobat closes and the other 12 are gone. Of course when you restart Acrobat it is not nearly as smart as Firefox in that it obviously does not keep a list of pre-crash loadings. So it re-loads nothing. You have to find them all again and load by hand.

In my vocabulary that qualifies as a crash. What other definition is there for it?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

wrote in

designer/troubleshooter for

You've said that before... I have no clue what "patient" means?? I just use it.

Are you using latest version of Acrobat, or do you even have Acrobat? Probably only the Adobe Reader? ...Jim Thompson