Transformer Stacked winding arrangement

Can anyone recommend an older textbook that has details on different winding arrangements. Stacked, series, benefits etc.... I'm looking for notations and trying to figure out what some of the arrangements are called.

Martin Riddle

For some reason I seem to recall that information is in RDH4 (Radiotron Designer's Handbook), which is out of copyright and available online. If I'm right, you'll find it in the output transformers section.

Tim

Tim Williams

Thanks, I have a copy somewhere.....

Martin Riddle

Without looking at other answers, mostly it depends on what properties are needed. If high efficiency and high coupling are a target you tend to do multifilar windings; if independant tuning is desired (think [antique] IF cans) litz wire and other techniques are used; if high dielectrictric seperation (1.5 kV more) seperate bobbins are used; high MVA transformers other things are done.

Reply to
JosephKK