Nuclear device for the kitchen, yes really

How many such foodstuffs can you name?

--
Cliff
Reply to

*gnus*?? well, it is probably some sort of beef ;-)

... or a clever anagram not to attract a certain crowd that will be summoned by certain trigger words. Like when dropping someting in the Kitchen will always attract The Dog who knows *exactly* the sound of the kitchen floor - even in deep sleep.

germs in the bat shit and whatnot that comes with the

Aiiii: The Dust - when throwing it in the pot you will inhale it, somtimes we drop spices into salads and chip-dip and the cooking will not kill all spores. Them Anthrax are hard germs to get rid off.

Double Aiiii: Dumping unknown substances in ones food is tempting Darwin, Henna is a bad allergen; maybe disgruntled former wife left it there believing it was rat-poison?

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

Ah, yes... Here on the coast, during my period of insanity when I was on the HOA ARC (Home Owner Association Architectural Review Committee) we had a list of prohibitted plants. Bamboo was one of them. The will grow right under a fence, and spread into your neighbors yard!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

Probability 1.0 ... That's the deal with third-world countries. Since nobody bothers with cause of death and barely counts dead people, we cannot quote odds.

A Negative Number, It will go the way it always does:

Vital Parts would be stolen immediately and food would pile up and spoil outside waiting to be irradiated. After many months new parts will arrive under armed escort, but the contract of the engineer responsible for fitting them, will have expired. Nobody else knows what to do and there will be an election in the donor country anyway so the issue will not make it past even the personal letters in any media.

Meanwhile the local government would declare that it was a conspiracy of the Whites/Jews/Christians/Opposition/USA to keep the food away from the people while selling the spoiled food in opposition areas causing disease and malnutrition there. Eventually the UN would send some more dry food, which would end up on the market and push more local farmers out of business increasing the need.

I wonder if all this "saving lives" business is not simply delaying the point where Africa will start to deal with it's own problems, instead of being bailed out by "the west" time after time (and whining about that too).

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

why? did you forget?

Pork and Chicken are pretty Obvious.

eggs

without getting specific a lot of fish, and seafood in general course some of it can also be eaten raw (ick)

to be fair. i'm somewhat up in the air about irradiated food

here's a page against it

i don't know how much is crap and not

Reply to
shu

shops are full of "hams". Maybe they've been cured

I think there is an FDA regulation requiring irradiated food to be labeled. Otherwise, how would the greenies know when to become ill and have their hair fall out.

P.S. I have a thermonuclear clothes dryer, so the greenies had better stay well away from my house. ;-)

definition: recursion; see recursion.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian

shops are full of "hams". Maybe they've been cured

That's called eradication ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Those are not allowed under the local architectural codes, so we just hang the clothes on the kid's play-yard equipment.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Not quite.

^^^^^^^ Interesting choice!

The toast will always land jelly-down. The dog is irrelevent here.

Hey, if he want's to eat congessional mail (batshit and all)...

Too bad. Didn't work. Darwin escaped.

--
  Keith
Reply to

I confess that mine are all in pots. I have to put up with them blowing over in the wind. The alternative here is a 4 foot hole lined with polypropylene or polycarbonate. I've seen escaped bamboo poke its way through tarmac. But if you want large canes then they need to go in the ground.

Reply to
richard mullens

In the days when I took sugar in my coffee, contamination of the sugar by coffee granules from the spoon was to be expected, but when I found undissolved mouse turds when I drained my cup I asked my girlfriend to take more care when making the coffee.

No ill effects, but the dregs didn't taste too good !

Reply to
richard mullens

I don't think that's the explanation. In Spain and no doubt elsewhere, the shops are full of "hams". Maybe they've been cured by smoke - I really doubt that they've been irradiated.

Reply to
richard mullens

Crap: 100% Not: 0%

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

That's what everyone misunderstands... we have less water problems than you have back East, and it's more fit to drink, too.

...Jim Thompson

Yeah, but "just adding" something that isn't anywhere near isn't quite as easy as it sounds... ;-)

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

Pork and chicken need cooking only to kill bacteria and parasites (though trichinella is quite rare in the US pork supply).

Yes. ...and don't forget beer. ;-)

Beef is sometimes served un-cooked (ick) and I like my sushi well-done too.

Sounds like a bunch-o-greenie scare stories to me.

--
  Keith
Reply to

It also helps that these hams are really dry. Wet, water injected ham obviously rots faster and that is for the better as it tastes awfully.

That said, the spanish ham always has some white stuff on the outside (salt? bacteria?) which is probably what keeps the bad gremlins out.

In any case, it works.

Thomas

Reply to
Zak

Ours seems to be pretty good. It's the best tasting water I've had anywhere (once it's de chlorinated). The tank is pretty big too, though the greenies never admit it. The only water problems we have are in droughts when individual wells may go dry. Well water sucks (or is that blows) anyway. ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

You need to trim prior sigs, Shu.

None of those need to be cooked to be edible. Just more tender, tasty, safer to eat (bacteria).

How many foodstuffs can you name that must/should be cooked? Here's a brief little list of some common ones:

Corn Soybeans Kidney beans Taro (tapioca)

Probably quite a bit, I'd guess. Try

HTH

--
Cliff