Nuclear device for the kitchen, yes really

thats what I was referring to, in a I-cant-quite-remember kind of way :)

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Dig an 8" deep trench, perhaps 2-3" wide around the bamboo. The shoots are shallow, and spread laterally. Such a trench is quite effective at stopping it.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

I would pay good money to see you eat raw chicken

**** shu
Reply to
shu

Sure it needs to change, but I dont see any likely mechanism by which countries will change by themselves. So, predictably, very few have.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Irradiated, I hope.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Spehro Pefhany proclaimed:

| I've eaten raw pig liver.

Hmm. Are you bragging or complaining? :-)

Morris Dovey

I've eaten raw pig liver.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Where does the water come from? Just curious...

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

School cafeterias have improved in the years since you and I were in school. They hardly ever serve that anymore.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Get your money out and spread your legs....

--
Black Dragon

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
-- Trevor Goodchild - AEon Flux
Reply to
Black Dragon

too).

many countries have got to where they are today by changing themselves, however they have had to, there hasnt been other countries to bail them out, maybe this is the problem or the fact that these changes have taken perhaps many centuries and we are to impatient to wait this long ...

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

even cliff has more class then you.

Reply to
shu

Ha, I mostly remember fries and gravy from high school. In University we would walk a few blocks to Chinatown, get a falafel at Moishe's Tel Aviv or whatever.

But this was a few years ago in a longhouse in Borneo, after imbibing a whole lot of homemade Iban rice wine (tuak). Those (erstwhile) headhunters are real party animals.

Of course, the larvae have probably already eaten into my brain.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

school.

I remember the fish stick with a wooden Dixie-cup spoon fried into it, under the breading. Maybe it was a promotion to help them sell more ice cream.

I'll bet they have some great party tricks. Did you bring home any shrunken heads?

Ah...was this trip for business or pleasure?

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

school.

When my kids complain about their school hot lunch (choices of hot entrees, sandwiches, pizza, salads, etc) I try to explain corn chowder and salmon pea wiggle (salmon and peas in a cream sauce over soda crackers).

There was always lot of bread and govt. surplus butter, though.

Reply to
Richard Henry

IMO, you are trying to solve the wrong problem, and will achieve bugger all

Sorry to throw cold water on a laudible intent

--
geoff
Reply to

Barf. Beaver (the 'catering company' our school used) never inflicted those on us. Just mediocre burgers. Those little cardboard tubs of ice cream with the wooden spoon were not bad, at least to a teen palate.

Never had the opportunity. I bet they would have been really, really expensive. I did ask a customs guy what would be involved importing one. After he rhymed off a whole bunch of problems even with an antique bit of human remains, I said, well I guess it would be easier for everyone if I just stuck it in my pocket and didn't say anthing. He (kind of) agreed. ;-)

That leg was just for laughs.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

under

shrunken

I should have known. I'd really like a couple of those things to hang on the wall of my office. I'd give them names...

The pig-liver larvae probably were leftover airline snacks. When you fly on an airline that has cannibals for pilots, you have to expect the unexpected.

Everybody is cutting costs these days.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Just read this one.

Food irradiation has been used before. I recall horror stories about 'nearly off' prawns that would otherwise have been rejected being irradiated and then sold.

It killed the bacteria but left the toxins aleady there.

Cobalt 90 was used ( whatever that gives off ) and it needed plenty of lead screening !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Kuru only affects the brain, AFAIUI. Koro, OTOH...

;-)

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany