Nuc-u-lar device for the kitchen

How 'bout a Nuc-u-lar device for the kitchen?

Why not get the latest techknowledgy as specified by our prez for the people?

Since typical installations don't involve invading any new countries for billions of dollars, we can more easily afford to offer our proven endless support with the initial sale.

If your nuc package ever wears out, just drop it on the doorstep of your local nuc power station for proper storage for the next 2 or 3 -

100-thousand years.
Reply to
xray

The prez that introduced the term "nucular" was Jimmy Carter. He was actually trained as a nuclear engineer, wasn't any good at it, but did nicely as a government-subsidized peanut farmer. He went on to pioneer economic concepts like malaise, stagflation, and the misery index.

John

S'funny, I remember JFK mispronouncing it that way too. Actually I think he got it from the generic Washington lexicon; Words Used By Government Officials That They Really Don't Understand. Probably goes back to WWII.

Let's not forget his other favorite hobby, US-military-bashing.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Mark Fergerson

Too bad the greenies don't grasp that a few years of use now outweight the disadvantages of the millenia ahead. :-)

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

has got landed with now.

The job is too important for nice/sincere to matter. He was one of the worst presidents in history.

John

"toosday"

all. However the second "u" suggests lack of

What does pronunciation have to do with scientific concepts?

John

world has got landed with now.

He's about the best ex-president we have ever had.

Reply to
Richard Henry

objective is to bring democracy to the people of the

bases and flood their markets with quality food

So Dude, if we're plundering oil, why is it $60 a barrel? Is somebody holding a gun to their heads to eat Mickey Dees? Why don't you care how they saw peoples heads off? Oh,well... GG

Reply to
Glenn Gundlach

has got landed with now.

I'd rather kick the bad-assses butts than go back to Jimmy's stag-flation, thanks. Even Jimmy's brother was a "sincere man", when he could crawl out of his vat of Billy Beer. A "sincere man" isn't the end-all in leaders, though there aren't too many that are less sincere than GWB. He tells you exactly what he's going to do, then does it. ...and your ilk sits back saying "he can't do that!". Stupid you.

--
  Keith
Reply to

But a good and sincere man - not at all like the insincere warmonger the world has got landed with now.

Reply to
richard mullens

On the pronunciation aspect, I've often heard Americans pronounce Tuesday as "toosday"

so the pronunciation of nuclear (noo instead of new) doesn't surprise me at all. However the second "u" suggests lack of familiarity with scientific concepts.

Reply to
richard mullens

has got landed with now.

It really depends if you believe he is sincere in his statements that his objective is to bring democracy to the people of the world - or if in fact his intention is to plunder their oil, build US military bases and flood their markets with quality food the likes of which is pushed by McDonalds (in other words ghastly !)

Reply to
richard mullens

objective is to bring democracy to the people of the

bases and flood their markets with quality food

The plan hasn't worked out like the breeze it was supposed to be.

Reply to
richard mullens

"toosday"

all. However the second "u" suggests lack of

If he at least read New Scientist, he'd be familiar with the spelling ?

Reply to
richard mullens

"toosday"

all. However the second "u" suggests lack of

Well, could you correctly pronounce a chemical name when you heard it just once or twice ? Assuming this not your field of course.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

"toosday"

all.

Yes, it's a difference between US and UK pronunciation.

Does your cat mew or moo :-)

Reply to
richard.mullens

"toosday"

all.

Well, notwithstanding I don't have a cat, and wouldn't allow one of the evil filthy things into my house, 'mew' is pronounced the way it is because there's an 'e' in it. There is no 'e' in the first syllable of 'nuclear' - that's 'nu'. The 'clear' part was the original bone of contention here, but now there's some brit interlopers who claim they you're supposed to interpose a 'y' everywhere.

The phonetic pronunciation of 'tuesday' is 'twezz-day'.

If you want to rename it "Tiu's Day", that's fine with me, but I'll go with "toozday."[1] ;-)

Cheers! Rich

  1. It's the only freakin' pronunciation that can be typed on a standard ASCII keyboard! ;-)
Reply to
Rich Grise

"toosday"

Must be a British english thing? The current preferred pronunciation, when I look it up, seems to be "tooz":

When I read your noo/new I didn't see any difference. Same issue, I guess:

Even for me, that extrapolation is a bit of a stretch.

Reply to
xray

"toosday"

all. However the second "u" suggests lack of

Like aluminum? Or aluminium?

John

Agree absolutely about cats.

The project for this is a wall mounted, directed "water pistol" with a webcam and image recognition/tracking software to drench the verminous creatures that dare to venture into my garden.

I have found that car windscreen washer pumps provide a powerful jet though perhaps something more substantial would be preferable.

Reply to
richard mullens