My new kitchen

Well, if you want to learn about overcoming inherent perversity etc, you've "come" to the "Right Place. ;-)"

--
Cheers!
Rich

shit, missed that Variable Const...

martin

"Wales is a big welsh-shaped rain collection device"

Reply to
martin griffith

I read in sci.electronics.design that martin griffith wrote (in ) about 'My new kitchen', on Tue, 12 Apr 2005:

Did you know that's a traditional physics 'stumper'? Simple gas taps, with a rectangular port that opens progressively as you turn the knob, have a horribly non-linear volume/angle characteristic (viscosity, turbulence, inherent perversity etc.) and it's exceedingly difficult to overcome it.

\'What is a Moebius strip?\'
John Woodgate

New house, new kitchen.

Bleeding nightmare sorting out where to put everything, just like sorting out a new workshop, is it not?

The first Spag Bol was OK, but I must put a LCD monitor in so I can see the recipies

Should the gas controls for the hobs be log or lin?

martin

"Wales is a big welsh-shaped rain collection device"

Reply to
martin griffith

I read in sci.electronics.design that martin griffith wrote (in ) about 'My new kitchen', on Tue, 12 Apr 2005:

Arthur C Clarke wrote (something like): If an elderly scientist says something is possible, he/she is almost certainly right. If he/she says it isn't possible, he or she is almost certainly wrong.

This doesn't necessarily apply to mathematicians, of course.

\'What is a Moebius strip?\'
John Woodgate

Hi John, Nope, didnt know that. Probably have to use semi-log spaghetii from now.

But I did meet the lady ( at The Barbican inventors conf, couple of years ago) who invented the non drip TeaPot, who announced the design the day after a Famous University Profeesor announced, on analogue radio, that it was impossible to design a non drip Tea Pot

Never say Impossible

martin

"Wales is a big welsh-shaped rain collection device"

Reply to
martin griffith

I think thats where I got it from.... Just downloaded the 2001film, should be fun, Dune was better tho IMHO