Getting this NG back on-topic

--
Sorry, Charlie, but Joel's delivery, while humorous, presented what he
believed to be a valid method of stealing power from the power company.

That was attested to by his answering my question about why couldn't he
do that by stating that the authorities would get him for it, instead of
the real reason, that physics wouldn't let him do it.

The:  "This isn't the reason"

part of your "This isn't the reason - lines is plural and the nett
current through the lines as a bunch balances out to zero."

indicates that you mistakenly thought the same thing, otherwise you
would have responded with something like:

That's correct, but even if it weren't, 'lines' is plural and the nett
current through the lines balances out to zero.
Reply to
John Fields

This posting has nothing at all to do with electronics.

Why don't you grow up and post a circuit question/solution?

And begin to understand that both sides will always lose
a pissing contest during a wind storm ;-)
Reply to
John Fields Loves Bill Slowman

te:

'll

never

ou

gh

the

"The federales will get you?" was intended as a serious answer? I think not.

I'm going to give you the satisfaction of telling you that any of your ideas is correct? Correct or not, your elaborate fantasy didn't have much to do with Joel's claim, since it involved separating the various power lines and wrapping your own winding around at least one of them.

As a proposition it might not have been wrong, but it was irrelevant.

Dream on. I haven't run into that many 555-shaped jobs, and for none of that restricted class of work has the 555 been an attractive solution. Phased array ultrasound scanner and electron microscopes aren't exactly over-loaded with 555's at the best of times - I worked on tolerably old electron microscopes that has originally been designed by a number of other engineers, and none of them had seen fit to design in any 555's that I can remember.

The gamut from A to B, by the sound of the solutions that you come up with. Discrete passives are required if you use the 555, and flash microcontrollers are the easy way of adding logical functions to a circuit.

But you find it to be appropriate much more frequently than most circuit designers.

That's your favourite delusion. One understands why you find it atractive - the alternative would be for you to recognise that you are a desperately unoriginal and inflexible circuit designer, who has failed to master most of the new componts that have come onto the market over the last thirty years.

I don't have any trouble understanding your attitude, and I don't much like pointing out that you are an intellectually crippled designer, but your claims about the persisting utility of the 555 are misleading nonsense.

More the "nothing invented here" syndrome, aka "why didn't they think of doing x?"

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

te:

vageable.

much to do

at does that

oms of

early

eable.

ting

et of

ur own

many

gresses.

ent. My

s ago,

Alzheimers

only that

ould

reaching

Alzheimer's

d,

Since you don't get implications, you don't understand what "implicitly claimed" actually means.

How would you know? You don't get implications.

The a statement of the facts as you - incorrectly - perceive them.

Granting you liguistic deficiencies, your "hypotheses" are total nonsense; mere wish-fulfillments, unconstrained by any real understanding of the issues under discussion.

Actually an insulting analogy, rather than a straw man.

in

She chose between Texas and MIT. The academic who advised her to go to Texas rather than MIT didn't know as much about the Texas faculty as he should have done. She went to MIT as a post-doc and found it much more to her taste - the people she ran into there are much better represented amongst her friends and colleagues that her acquaintances from Texas.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

"Beautify Texas, put a bus on Sloman!"

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Since I'm not in Texas, or anywhere near it. Mike Terrell's suggestion doesn't make much sense, which isn't exactly surprising.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

--
Since the world is part of Texas, following Michael's suggestion would
make the world a more beautiful place, ergo...

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Texas may think that the world is part of Texas, in so far as Texas has any consciousness of ther rest of the world - at one point, the Texas primary education curriculum didn't explicity mention any place outside Texas.

The rest of the world has a slightly more realistic point of view.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

To a small closed mind, like yours? Others figured it out, with no problem.

With him in Europe we can use a double decker bus to make sure no one sees him. :)

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

--
Of course not, why bother with trivialities?
Reply to

JF

Reply to
John Fields

Notice where the name of his album says he's headed though.

Reply to
Mycelium

the

no

It isn't difficult to figure out that you thought that you had managed a verbal felicity. It's the cognitive element that you missed - not for the first time.

one

The Dutch go in for double-decker trains rather than buses. The double- decker bus is largely an English affectation.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman