Getting this NG back on-topic

I AM NOT BIGOTED, therefore you are a shit-headed liar! You don't like my politics, so you name-calling with descriptors you don't even know the definition of.

If I point out that the Democrat messiah(s) are liars and cheats, you call that BS? You are a shit-headed liar!

Try me. You shit-headed liar!

Of course there is no "...way of arguing against his statements in a logical manner". You don't have a debatable argument, because you're a brain-washed leftist weenie. You shit-headed liar!

Maybe I post something of common interest? You shit-headed liar!

Go ahead, you've already proved yourself uneducable. You shit-headed liar!

You shit-headed liar!

Political content? What you mean is exposé of the ROTTEN politics of today. You shit-headed liar! ...Jim Thompson

Your point? I use the language called for. Allison demands more "appropriate" responses.

Reply to
krw

Anybody want my recipe for custard bread pudding?

John

"I'll

it

't

ng

ulous.

uces

pic

the

This won't help us much. Ravinghorde seems to troll denialist web- sites for opinions that fit his political prejudices, then comes here to post a gloating report on his latest nugget of misinformation.

Recently he and Johm Larkin have interpreted the - correct - fact that extreme cold kills more people in the US and the UK than does extreme heat to mean that global warming will save lives, which doesn't happen to be true.

The reality is that extreme temperatures - either high or low - hasten the death of the elderly and infirm. A very crude model has the excess deaths rising as the square of the deviation of the temperature away from 20C.

Since the average temperature in the UK is 13.1C, global warming in the UK will save lives.

As you move closer to the equator (where more people live) the average temperature rises, and global warming can be expected to cost lives over the earth as a whole.

So - in fact - he and John Larkin have been peddling BS, though they don't seem to know enough to be aware of the fallacy underlying the argument they espoused.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Jim's opinions about Democrats do seem to qualify as bigoted.

bigot - A person obstinately and unreasonably wedded to a particular religious creed, opinion, or practice; a person blindly attached to an opinion

it

't

ng

A fine example of rational debate.

ulous.

uces

You share your irrational prejudices with a number of other right-wing nitwits, and togheter you do form a mutual admiration society.

pic

the

Jim proved remarkably insentive to the rotten politics of the Dubbya regime, and finds rotten politics in every act of the current administration, which is the attitude you'd expect in a bigot.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

John

Such a title: "BS the BS'er" ;-)

--

THIS POSTING HAS NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH ELECTRONICS
WHY DON'T YOU INSTEAD POST A QUESTION ABOUT A CIRCUIT?

Name calling?

Tim

Tim Williams

SNIP

BS posts an OT global warming response to a thread asking people not to be OT.

A sad lonely old man seeking attention. BS the BS can't stand the idea of being ignored.

Once again I have to admit Jim is right. Ignoring BS is the correct response.

PLONK

expires in 3 months.

Reply to
Raveninghorde

Just make the PLONK permanent. BS' Alzheimer's is unsalvageable. ...Jim Thompson

May as well ignore JT while you're at it.

John

Top posting?

John

And John Larkin as well? All John does is feed Slowman. ...Jim Thompson

Cranky Old Git With Engineering Mind Faster Than a Speeding Prissy

Top posting for one-line responses.

Tim

Tim Williams

Yes, but sadly I'm such a schlub nowadays that I'd probably not get around to trying it.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Here's a repost from 2003:

John

I would instead ask that those posting non-electronics related material make an effort to include "OT" in their subject lines so that those of us disinclined to read such postings can filter more effectively.

Reply to
Bill Green

I've tried that and it just got me flamed. Those that are doing the OT posting seem to believe that everyone else needs to read their crap. The only real option is to start filtering those that create and repsond OT messages(and we all already know who they are).

I remember Jim talking about his filtering and how he filtered all the goggle noobs... how hipocritical. I guess Jim figured that if he couldn't beat them he might as well join them?

BTW, for those morons that think this post is OT get a life. The original post is specifically aimed at getting this group back into electronic topics and so is definitely on topic.

My suggestion is that all non topic posts should be started in sci.electronics.basic where it would be less intrusive... but of course that is not going to happen either. People who seem to think that every needs to know about their christmas menu or what the latest obama blunder is probably don't really give a shit about what people actually care about.

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Bingo! It's always about them.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Actually, it was a response to Ravinghorde's somewhat self-deluded post

Ravinghorde doesn't enjoy being reminded that he can't construct a coherent argument.

It's going to be a releif not to have to deal with Ravinghordes' habit of trying to wriggle out from under when I nail down his sleazy evasions.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman