Phil's 3rd edition

Amazon preorder arrived just now. Looks great. Ideal size and binding/paper/print quality, which is unusual for books these days.

The depth and breadth of content is, as with the previous edition, just plain humbling. Thanks to Phil for the insane amount of work that must've gone into this opus. No thanks to Amazon for the timing, as I had stuff to do today which will now have to wait. :-P

Also as with the previous edition, the title is unfortunate. A lot of people who need this book, or who would just plain enjoy it, will not bother to pick it up because they "don't do optical stuff." I guess (hope) the additional attention within the EO community is worth it, but it's a bit of a bummer for everybody else. This is one book you don't want to judge by its cover. If you like AoE3, you'll find this one very worthwhile too.

-- john, KE5FX

Reply to
John Miles, KE5FX

Thanks! If you were to put that in the Amazon reviews, fewer people might be deterred by the title. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I sent a copy of 2e to the co-founder of a giant semi fab company. He hated me for that; he couldn't put it down and got no work done for days.

Hey, that would make a good review!

Reply to
jlarkin

Looks like a great and informative book !

Is this good for a bit of light" reading ?? :)

Way to go !

boB

Reply to
boB

Thanks!

You can get a reasonably-representative sample (the Thermal Control chapter) at

. As I posted in another thread, there's a 20% off code at wiley.com: BEOS3.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Good point, done.

-- john, KE5FX

Reply to
John Miles, KE5FX

And the sample even explains something about the JWST in 20.4.1.

Amazon needs better algorithms. "Products related to this item" include Backyard Beekeeping, Raising Goats, etc.

A bug like that might prevent the book from being found in searches.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Say Phil, what is the title?

Hul

Phil Hobbs snipped-for-privacy@electro> > Amazon preorder arrived just now. Looks great. Ideal size and

Reply to
Hul Tytus

It's called "Building Electro-Optical Syatems: Making It All Work".

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs