Getting this NG back on-topic

Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson clearly hasn't had much to do with real sufferers from Alzheimers. My maternal grandmother, my mother-in-law and now my mother have all given me all too many examples close enough to home to know how the disease progresses.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

How about Yorkshire pudding? English cuisine is much maligned, I find it delicious. Ever had proper bangers and mash? Scottish cuisine also gets a bad rap, haggis and nips is delicoous too. But you gotta find a good haggis.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

A good haggis? A haggis looks *exactly& like a 5 pound maggot. When I dream of things like that, I wake up sweating. ;)

But I agree in general. We had a primo English Christmas dinner here: a four-rib standing rib roast, roasted potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, sauteed green beans with almonds, salad, then mince pies and flamed plum pudding for dessert. Amazing.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

I agree, though I've only viewed one from afar... no tasting ;-)

(Though I suspect it's quite tasty... I AM quite fond of almost any kind of sausage.)

I did 2x 5-rib roasts for Christmas... we had 24 eaters... amazing how two people can create so many descendents ;-) I predict great grandchildren within 5 years... oldest granddaughter is about to turn

21! ...Jim Thompson

I would say that as long as the topic is clearly labeled on the subject line as OT, then it is fair game to find out what other engineers think about AWG for example.

If you (generic you I'm not speaking to any individual here so no need to flame me) don't want to read OT topics then skip them.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Well, it always boils down to that. Everyone is ultimately selfish(even those people who seem not to be). But the point is that this is a group for discussion about electronics and not what your going to have for dinner tomorrow or what's the best type of blow up doll. I'm sure if you want to discuss those things you can find a suitable newsgroup.

The real problem is simply that those people that post OT stuff don't have the professional curtisy to even prefix the subject with an "OT:" so those that don't want to see there crap don't have to. It's alo amazing those people are generally the same ones who complain about other peoples spam. Jim is a prime example and considering his conservative views and the crap he spews about them that he would have the decency to be respectful of other people and this newsgroup.

After all, how hard is it to type the extra 3 or 4 characters when posting off topic stuff? If someone can't take the extra second to do that then it shows real narcissism. Of course, I could be wrong... maybe most people in this NG really care about what your favorite sex lube is...

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

I'm so-o-o-o-o sorry that you recognized yourself ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Of course! We ARE, after all, the IMPORTANT ones ;-)

You, Tim, are clearly just a peasant, or as we say in Arizona... "paisano" ;-)

Design something that actually works. Then we'll consider your application for membership ;-) ...Jim Thompson

thank you

Reply to
bw

Mmm? How am I a subject in the feudal system? Ah, I get it, it's because you think you are a lord. Silly Jim ;-)

I'm actually selling a number of things of my own design which work quite nicely. I put much of it on my website, but I suppose you wouldn't be bothered to read about it.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Yes ;-)

\ No ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Now we are getting back on topic!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

McSweens in Edinburgh is pretty good.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Yeah, but he uses more smilies after his insults.

John

Designing electronics can make a guy hungry.

John

Late at night, by candle light, Jim Thompson penned this immortal opus:

John's on topic more often than you. And wittier too.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to

Late at night, by candle light, "Tim Williams" penned this immortal opus:

I simply skip anything started by Jim. Next is checking if the subject appears interesting (not necessarily on topic). I resort to kill-filters only for spam floods, and those seem to have decreased this year.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to
YD

Late at night, by candle light, Jim Thompson penned this immortal opus:

Oh, come on Jimmy boy, don't hold back. Tell us what you really feel, let go the restrain.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to
YD

Late at night, by candle light, Bill Green penned this immortal opus:

That's been tried over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, doesn't work.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to
YD

Food is held together with electrons, therefore designing food is a subset of designing electronics. :-)

Tim